PDA

View Full Version : Random Shutdowns...Ubi games.

Cavinca
08-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey guys i have had some random shutdowns in a few games... All being Ubi games. The two that Really annoy me are Tom Clancy Splintercell 3 and Pacific Fighters.

My Screen Goes Black and the computer restarts...It used to hault on the bios screen with "IDE channel 1 no 80 conductor cable" well i fixed that and i still have the same problem.

I have been able to runn many games Doom 3 Halflife 2 Far Cry all at top settings but these just die....

Intel 848p+ICH5 ATX Moterboard
(Chaintech CT-s848p)

Pent 4 2.80ghz, 800mhz bus HT

2x512mb ddr dual channel

128mb radeon 9800 pro

1.JaVA_Razer
08-17-2005, 03:44 PM
first off I like to ask you if you have any overclocked parts?

I have them (LOTS OF THEM) but even at stock the game crashed to desktop here 2 out of 6 changes. Now I know my system is stable because I can run Prime95 for 5 days straight/D2OL(distributed computing) and I can game with ANY other game, Doom3, Battlefield2,......

and PF gives me problems :s .....

anyone got some ideas?

System in sig, bit outdates, Graphics do: 430MHZ/792MHZ (stock volts)
FSB@ 229MHZ -- 7-3-3-2.5T timings (loose timings) @ 2.9VDimm
AMD 2500+ @ 2200MHZ-1.775Vcore (changing Vcore DOES NOT help)

so....
who's got some ideas?

And yes everything is cooled right. I have 6 fans in a QF50A case thats like 30CM high http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
and yes the airflow inside the case is ok http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xiolablu3
08-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Post 1.

Sounds like heat.

There is an easy way to check this.

Take the side of your case and get a household fan blasting onto the motherboard/cpu/northbridge/memory. When I had a heat problem this stopped it, so I had to get a new case with better airflow and more fans.

You could also check your graphics/sound drivers are up to date/ the best ones.

Check this and if its still happening report back. However post it in the correct forum to get more responses! (community help) A lot of the best tech support people will ignore this post because it not in the right forum.

Post 2. Sounds like a driver problem. I had this problem for a bit but changing to the NV 66.93 drivers fixed it.

LStarosta
08-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Ditto. I took off the side of my case and put a fan next to my PC. On hot days, if I don't do this my PC will frequently crash. It doesn't seem to crash when the fan's on.

Cavinca
08-17-2005, 09:03 PM
thanks ill try that

GAU-8
08-18-2005, 04:01 AM
i had exactly the same problem!!!!

it was on splinter cell, rainbow six raven shield, ghost recon..(sometimes) and a photo program. NEVER crashed during anything else.

i turned on a few of the microsoft services just to see.. sure enuff, a mesage popped up on restart and it said it was due to a video card driver problem. since installing back to 66.93 with nvidia..it has since stopped.. hope it helps if you havent found an answer yet.