PDA

View Full Version : AA problems and not the Anti- Aircraft kind

William66th
03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Was wondering why my screens are so grainy when looking at them. I was looking at some of yours and well they look really clear. Is there something I can do to get rid of the grainy and sometimes rough edges on all the objects in the game, even the submarine looks horrible,i know the graphics are great but to look at it on my pc looks like all the smooth edges are gone.

I will see if i can post a pic soon, does SH4 support AA on the video card and it so how do you enable it.

Looks similar to FSX before i got it all worked out thanks again for any help.

William
(In training)

William66th
03-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Was wondering why my screens are so grainy when looking at them. I was looking at some of yours and well they look really clear. Is there something I can do to get rid of the grainy and sometimes rough edges on all the objects in the game, even the submarine looks horrible,i know the graphics are great but to look at it on my pc looks like all the smooth edges are gone.

I will see if i can post a pic soon, does SH4 support AA on the video card and it so how do you enable it.

Looks similar to FSX before i got it all worked out thanks again for any help.

William
(In training)

veovis39
03-22-2007, 05:19 PM
The grainyness is an effect to give it kind of a movie look, I think you can turn that off.

Sadly, AA is not possible on any card. They went more for the strategy of piling on effects layers. If you have a nice card, it looks beautiful. If yours is a little older, well, it can look somewhat rough.

oiler_cz
03-22-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't know what is exactly beatiful on resolution 1024x768 and lowres textures

William66th
03-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I will have to look into the setting because I dont like the grainy style. To me i think SH3 had far CLEAREr graphics compared to SH4. SH4 has a long ways to go but im sure it will come. I love the transparent water. Makes me uderstand how subs were spotted under water.

Anyways time to play with CFG files and see what can be turned off