PDA

View Full Version : @Oleg - The Art of Management

JRJacobs
11-26-2004, 08:22 AM
So many are willing to take pot shots at you i needed to post this seperate so you may read it.

!S Oleg
you sir are the victim of marketing, we sir are the victim of marketing - so please don't worry too much over it - remember most contented people do not post.

I have a philosophy... The art of management is not seeing how many people you can make happy.... it's seeing how few you can p*ss off! - if you gave 100 people a 10 ruble bill [] i guaranty 5 would say "is this all?" and 2 would say "mine's wrinkled, can i have a new one?" as hard as it is, try and ignore those 7 - the other 93, understand and will wait.

i've given up making movies because all i heard was from the whiners so i do understand how you feel [i empathize] but if i give up movie making who gets hurt? - 10 people - maybe, but if you give up, well there are obviously 100's of thousands more than the complainer that get hurt

i'm sure your read dilbert,[what self respecting engineer doesn't?] marketing wants to sell the promise and deliver later, while us engineers want to sell what we can deliver and improve later -this box and the previous box, did list as flyable planes that were only potential planes

but ever since your "new game" posts in the B17II forum days, i've watched you deliver what YOU [not UBI] promised and i have faith in you.... as long as you don't give in and/or give up.

JRJacobs
11-26-2004, 08:22 AM
So many are willing to take pot shots at you i needed to post this seperate so you may read it.

!S Oleg
you sir are the victim of marketing, we sir are the victim of marketing - so please don't worry too much over it - remember most contented people do not post.

I have a philosophy... The art of management is not seeing how many people you can make happy.... it's seeing how few you can p*ss off! - if you gave 100 people a 10 ruble bill [] i guaranty 5 would say "is this all?" and 2 would say "mine's wrinkled, can i have a new one?" as hard as it is, try and ignore those 7 - the other 93, understand and will wait.

i've given up making movies because all i heard was from the whiners so i do understand how you feel [i empathize] but if i give up movie making who gets hurt? - 10 people - maybe, but if you give up, well there are obviously 100's of thousands more than the complainer that get hurt

i'm sure your read dilbert,[what self respecting engineer doesn't?] marketing wants to sell the promise and deliver later, while us engineers want to sell what we can deliver and improve later -this box and the previous box, did list as flyable planes that were only potential planes

but ever since your "new game" posts in the B17II forum days, i've watched you deliver what YOU [not UBI] promised and i have faith in you.... as long as you don't give in and/or give up.