PDA

View Full Version : Map contact reports may be wrong!!!!

Two_Hawks
04-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Got a contact report on the map of a Enemy<RED> ship/convoy. plotted its course and headed toward interception. took just over two hours. Got a visual on a C2 transport, firing solution aquired, target sunk. i never bothered checking out the flag. Later when i saved game it said i sunk a neutral ship. The only ship on sunk on this patrol so far.
There is a chance that they was a neutral and a enemy ship very close together and on the same heading, yet no other ship was detected.
This could mean that there is FOG OF WAR on map contact reports, which i think is great.. its realistic.... The tendency to see the enemy every where. Therefore the opposite could be true. Freindly and neutral contacts could really be enemies. makes a Capt. want to get a visual on all contacts to ensure that intel is correct.
btw, Playing on 100% realism

Two_Hawks
04-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Got a contact report on the map of a Enemy&lt;RED&gt; ship/convoy. plotted its course and headed toward interception. took just over two hours. Got a visual on a C2 transport, firing solution aquired, target sunk. i never bothered checking out the flag. Later when i saved game it said i sunk a neutral ship. The only ship on sunk on this patrol so far.
There is a chance that they was a neutral and a enemy ship very close together and on the same heading, yet no other ship was detected.
This could mean that there is FOG OF WAR on map contact reports, which i think is great.. its realistic.... The tendency to see the enemy every where. Therefore the opposite could be true. Freindly and neutral contacts could really be enemies. makes a Capt. want to get a visual on all contacts to ensure that intel is correct.
btw, Playing on 100% realism

blue_76
04-07-2005, 10:02 PM
yes, its possible that the same ship was accompanied by another which was the enemy.. i've often seen neutral ships travelling in a convoy surrounded by enemy ships. there are also times i see two ships together.. perhaps a storm seperated them and you encountered the neutral ship only http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

alanschu
04-07-2005, 10:08 PM
I've seen convoys that have had both American and British ships in it.

Dr.Trespasser
04-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Whats wierd is that the game ALWAYS says I sunk a neutral ship when I know for a fact that they were allied.

TheFastFreddie
04-08-2005, 01:00 AM
I've seen neutral and hostile ships traveling together when not in a convoy or atleast close to each other. Today I got a map update on a stationary ship so I went to check it out. Sure enough about 3.5k from its reported position was a small merchant chugging along at about .3 knots or less. Made for easy killin with the deck gun.

Capt.LoneRanger
04-08-2005, 01:57 AM
You also got to keep in mind the reports not always are 100% correct. There is a certain degree of error included. Sometimes the course is wrong, speed is wrongly estimated or neutral convoys consist of most British ships, or enemy convoys include 99%US ships.
Reports are no reason to not identify your target.

Frederf220
04-08-2005, 02:25 AM
My reports so far have been 100% accurate, to the degree and minute.

Ioandar
04-08-2005, 02:53 AM
Hmm, yesterday I had one contact that was a bit far of the predicted course. Either I found a ship that was not plotted or the reports have a margin of error (which I would like very much)... Would be interesting to know...