PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable planes

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Hello all, Im new to IL2 FB or any Fly Sim. So please bare with me in the rooms. I have been reading the forums to gain knowledge. My question is this: The planes being consturcted in the IL2 main page are the downloadable for FB or the original game also were can i get other planes like zereo, etc. Thanks for yalls help

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Hello all, Im new to IL2 FB or any Fly Sim. So please bare with me in the rooms. I have been reading the forums to gain knowledge. My question is this: The planes being consturcted in the IL2 main page are the downloadable for FB or the original game also were can i get other planes like zereo, etc. Thanks for yalls help

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 10:41 PM
They'll be coming out in either a patch or a paid add-on.

&lt;script>var YourPicName='http://members.cox.net/aimesmail/avatar2.jpg'; var a=document.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>

&lt;script>var a=document.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor ="#245E16";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#FFFFFF";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#44693B";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#44693B";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>

&lt;script> a=document.all.tags("td"); for(i=0;i<a.length;i++) if[a[i].innerHTML.indexOf["scootertgm")!=-1) ii=i; a[ii+2].innerHTML="39 Driver"; </script>

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 10:42 PM
let's see if I got the questions:

-The IL2 add-ons (free for DL like the patches) contain new planes.

-FB contains all IL2 and add-ons and new planes are under development for a future DL/payware CD.

Was that about it?

<center>http://nicolas10.freeservers.com/images/ofzotrans.gif </center>
<Center><div style="width:370;color:red;font-size:20pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=13)">Eurotroll</div></center>
&lt;script>color="#66000";a=document.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor=color;</script>
&lt;script>var a=document.body.getElementsByTagName("u");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].innerHTML.indexOf["oFZo")!=-1)a[i].style.color="Orange"}</script>

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 03:16 AM
Stop spreading rumors, we don't know if it will be payware.

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>Heaven is a place where the French are the cooks, the British are the butlers, the Germans are the mechanics, and the Swiss are the politicians. Hell is a place where the British are the cooks, the French are the butlers, the Swiss are the mechanics and the Germans are the politicians.<center>
<center>Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW<center>
http://proudbirdswing.tripod.com/proudbirds.htm

http://www.escadrila54.com/logo_sm.jpg

<center><marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"The ProudBirds..Fly High and Proud..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee>

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 03:33 AM
if you are talking about IL2 there are two patches 1.1 and 1.2 and they include all addon planes, you need to install both (be sure to get the full 1.2 NOT the "OV" version)

there are no addons for FB yet

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 04:02 AM
There will be no more new airplanes for the original IL-2.

Planes you see featured in the Development Updates are in development for "Forgotten Battles," which is now the officially supported version of the IL-2 series. As said before, "Forgotten Battles" is an improved version of IL-2 and includes all the material offered in IL-2 upgrage patches plus much more.

How / when / where / if these new planes in development will be presented is yet to be determined. Many are being developed by independent modelers usually inspired by personal interest, but ultimately 1C:Maddox Games company decides whether to include them as add-ons. This sim is unique in that 1C:Maddox retains the final authority over the content of the game's code. For a new plane to work in the sim, the company has to write it in.

If you look at the development updates here and at Luthier's site for the projects being worked on by independent enthusiasts, you'll see there are lots of planes from various theaters and time periods in development. Which begs the question of what will the 1C:Maddox company do with planes like the Japanese Zero or a Spitfire IX or a B-17? Will these be included in a patch for online wars? Will new theaters like the Pacific or the Mediterranean be developed as full add-ons? Nobody knows. And meanwhile, the inventory grows ...