PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Coop Aircraft Positions

Avivion
06-10-2009, 09:14 AM
I created a simple COOP mission (in PF Version 3.0) to be played via LAN, with 2 flights (4 planes each) for RED, and 2 flights (4 planes each) for BLUE.

I set each force to "Take Off", whereby each flight icon gets positioned to start of runway. Each time I drag the icon to a parking ramp area, for all forces.

However, when I actually go online, ALL aircraft were nicely lined up for me in one line at start of runway.

Why is this so? Can I get them to position at the ramp areas that I want?

Avio

Tully__
06-10-2009, 09:21 AM
The game does a "snap to runway" thing because the AI aircraft taxi routines are scripted. They don't know how to find their way around on the ground except when starting from a pre-scripted starting position. For this reason, the entire landing sequence is scripted.

If I recall correctly, Pacific Fighters v3.0 you can get a ramp start if you're 1st waypoint is more than 1000m from both ends of the runway. If you manage it, the AI will not taxi to the runway, they'll take off in the direction they're pointed when they spawn. In later versions you need to be completely outside the airfield perimiter.

Avivion
06-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I seem to recall seeing online multiplayer IL2 recordings whereby aircrafts were all parked at ramp, going through engine start then take off.

Wonder how these aircrafts get to be positioned at ramp area.

Avio

danjama
06-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Search the Mission Builder forum.

Blindman-
06-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Avivion, you can get planes to take-off from just about anywhere but as Tully said:

"If I recall correctly, Pacific Fighters v3.0 you can get a ramp start if you're 1st waypoint is more than 1000m from both ends of the runway. If you manage it, the AI will not taxi to the runway, they'll take off in the direction they're pointed when they spawn. In later versions you need to be completely outside the airfield perimiter."

Which means that you have to be a long ways away from any static airfield.

If you are not familiar with the "placeable" air strips they are at the very bottom of the Stationary Ships list.

Plan on playing around with this allot to get it to where you want it, but it can be done.

See the following thread if you still need help, or send me an email and I will be happy to help you out:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...0910533/m/4471047957 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/50910533/m/4471047957)