PDA

View Full Version : Big problem with mods moving topics to other forums

mortoma
02-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I started a thread in General Discusion asking for advice on the latest PC hardware, was starting to get some good hits. Then, in a show of infinite wisdom, a mod moved my topic over to "Community Help". While it may seem logical to do this it is anything but and I purposely have always avoided Community Help for my similar topics through the years.

Why?? Because hardly anybody goes to that forum and so you get limited responses. While the General Discussion gets visits from almost everybody. So now my topic languishes in a useless forum. I am going to delete the whole topic and go to a place that is not over-modded!! At least until we get rid of the problem people over here.

VW-IceFire
02-18-2008, 09:14 AM
I have to disagree with you about the Community Help forum. Lots of us DO read it and DO try to help people out with technical problems. The readership is more limited but tends to be...fortunately...restricted to some pretty talented folks who know allot about what their trying to help with. I chime in whenever I think I can help in there.

Normally I suggest people post to Community Help when they have a technical problem because they will often not get the proper response in Gen discussion or Oleg's.

That all said...your post should not have been moved and I disagree with the move entirely. Your question was of a general technical nature related to the game but not specifically requiring the talents of people who commonly read the Community Help forum. Your post...asking what it does...needs to be seen by the wider gen discussion area as far more can suggest their own specs. Definitely falls in the realm of general questions about the game and the almighty hardware that each of us needs to run it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JG52Uther
02-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Don't shoot the moderators,the jobs hard enough as it is. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SeaFireLIV
02-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I must disagree also.

I go to the community help all the time for questions and always get good help pretty quickly (by the end of the day).

Sometimes all you need to do is a quick look about the threads or a search as well for contemporaray answers.

Choctaw111
02-18-2008, 09:30 AM
I had my K98 thread moved over here also. I didn't even know about this forum at the time and wondered where my topic went. I do agree that my thread did not get looked at as much here as it would have in GD, but I do agree with the Pilots Lounge for Off Topic posts.
I was kind of hoping that since my topic had to do with a WW2 weapon, that the mods would have left it alone and left it in GD, but I do understand that it was not Il2 related, so I cannot really blame them but it certainly would have had more hits and responses in there.
As for as Community Help is concerned, I have had good help in there any time I have needed it.