PDA

View Full Version : Nose and Tail Fuzing

stathem
02-22-2006, 08:20 AM
I realise that this is probably beyond the limitation of the game engine, but that never stopped anyone from asking for something before, so, here goes.

Iirc, bombs could be selected in cockpit in the Mosquito as nose fuzed (contact fuze) or tail fuzed (time delay fuze), during the sortie. If you look in the Mossie pit, you can see the selector for this quite clearly under the Perspex.

Such a feature could prove very useful in vulching attacks, depending on whether you see an enemy spawned on the apron as you approach the field or whether you want to leave a 10 sec delayed action surprise for those folk who see you coming and click refly.

What does everyone think? Should we lobby for it? [/toungeincheek]

stathem
02-22-2006, 08:20 AM
I realise that this is probably beyond the limitation of the game engine, but that never stopped anyone from asking for something before, so, here goes.

Iirc, bombs could be selected in cockpit in the Mosquito as nose fuzed (contact fuze) or tail fuzed (time delay fuze), during the sortie. If you look in the Mossie pit, you can see the selector for this quite clearly under the Perspex.

Such a feature could prove very useful in vulching attacks, depending on whether you see an enemy spawned on the apron as you approach the field or whether you want to leave a 10 sec delayed action surprise for those folk who see you coming and click refly.

What does everyone think? Should we lobby for it? [/toungeincheek]

TX-Zen
02-22-2006, 08:23 AM
I'd like to see more functionality from the various controls, but technically you can do the same thing right now by setting your delay in the arming screen.

Can't change it in flight true, but the option for the delay is there.

For fun take a Ju88 or HE111 with 2xsc2000 and 3.5 second delay. If you fly right above the ground and drop when the enemy fighter is about 500m out, you get a nice fireball and often an irate fighter jock http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

stathem
02-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Oh aye, I use delay all the time...but if you've got it set to 10 sec, and you see a target that might not be there in 10 sec, then a nose fuzed bomb would sort him right out. So long as you're not too low, that is...