PDA

View Full Version : IL2 controls

flybill_50
12-25-2006, 11:19 PM
A newbie here so please bear with me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I have been a flight simmer for many years with MS flight sim and I got an IL2 package of three games for Xmas. I installed IL2 and there is no tutorial or manual or anything that even came with the DVD so here I am. I realize this is more of a game than flight simming but I need your input please.

I have a CH products USB yoke and rudder and I could not see how to program the yoke. The pitch seems to work ok but I have a lot of buttons, rockers, etc on the yoke including throttle and they dont seem to work. Is there a way to program these? Would like to use keyboard as little as possible.

If the CH yoke is not the best for this game what joystick would you recommend?

Now as for the rudder IL2 does not seem to detect it. Does anyone have this CH rudder and what do I need to do to get it working.

I knew the worst person is a newbie but I did read this forum a lot and other tips before posting

Thanks a lot
Bill

flybill_50
12-25-2006, 11:19 PM
A newbie here so please bear with me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I have been a flight simmer for many years with MS flight sim and I got an IL2 package of three games for Xmas. I installed IL2 and there is no tutorial or manual or anything that even came with the DVD so here I am. I realize this is more of a game than flight simming but I need your input please.

I have a CH products USB yoke and rudder and I could not see how to program the yoke. The pitch seems to work ok but I have a lot of buttons, rockers, etc on the yoke including throttle and they dont seem to work. Is there a way to program these? Would like to use keyboard as little as possible.

If the CH yoke is not the best for this game what joystick would you recommend?

Now as for the rudder IL2 does not seem to detect it. Does anyone have this CH rudder and what do I need to do to get it working.

I knew the worst person is a newbie but I did read this forum a lot and other tips before posting

Thanks a lot
Bill