PDA

View Full Version : First Animus *spoilers*

Coolgerb
11-25-2010, 05:00 PM
First of all, I have had quite a bit of alcohol at the moment and it's been a while since I played AC1, so I might remember some things wrong.

In AC1, weren't we told Lucy designed (or at least helped design) the animus?
But in AC:B, in one of the cluster puzzles, we're told that there was an animus back in 1985 already.

Did Lucy lie to us? Did Ubisoft simply forget Lucy designed it? Or did Lucy help design a new kind of animus, and if so, what were the older animusses (spelling?) like? It'd be quite funny to imagine an animus being 2D Super Mario style http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Note that it is impossible for Lucy to have worked on it back in 1985, as she was born in 1988.

RequiemDogma
11-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Initially developed by "Those Who Came Before", the Animus technology was re-discovered by the Knights Templar in an unknown year and subsequently re-developed for their own use. The technology underwent several stages of development and prototypes before a satisfactorily working model was created, although by 2012 the technology had still not been perfected.

The technology had been in use by the Templars at Abstergo Industries for a lengthy time (since before 1985) by 2012 however, although after sixteen test subjects they had failed to achieve their aims.