PDA

View Full Version : I like what they done to the FW and other aircraft - BUT !

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 06:04 AM
I enjoy flying the FW and I like the changes of most aircraft that I have tested so far and I can finaly shoot down a I-153 , BUT (and I really cant believe I am saying this) I have to be Honest though , " So here it goes " The Yak 3 is now under modeled a little bit, It can be brought down by a FW very easiely at sea level and this is not correct , It is a little to sluggish from what I have read and if you go into a slow turn the rudder acts opposite from what your rudder inputs are. Let me try to explain - when you go into a slow turn with your wings almost vertical to the ground your rudder starts acting like the elevator and when you give the rudder a turn to lift the tail it does the opposite and pushes the tail down and inturn induces a stall, This does not happen in any other aircraft that I have tested . Or in the real aircraft that I fly.

http://www.fighter-collection.com/yak3/

" The Air Force Institute concluded that the performance of the Yak-3 with this engine, from sea level up to its service ceiling, was superior to the domestic and known foreign fighter types, including the latest Bf-109 and Fw-190."

" This is just an observation and is not meant to become a
Flame post "

Thank You for your Time - O-NO

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 06:04 AM
I enjoy flying the FW and I like the changes of most aircraft that I have tested so far and I can finaly shoot down a I-153 , BUT (and I really cant believe I am saying this) I have to be Honest though , " So here it goes " The Yak 3 is now under modeled a little bit, It can be brought down by a FW very easiely at sea level and this is not correct , It is a little to sluggish from what I have read and if you go into a slow turn the rudder acts opposite from what your rudder inputs are. Let me try to explain - when you go into a slow turn with your wings almost vertical to the ground your rudder starts acting like the elevator and when you give the rudder a turn to lift the tail it does the opposite and pushes the tail down and inturn induces a stall, This does not happen in any other aircraft that I have tested . Or in the real aircraft that I fly.

http://www.fighter-collection.com/yak3/

" The Air Force Institute concluded that the performance of the Yak-3 with this engine, from sea level up to its service ceiling, was superior to the domestic and known foreign fighter types, including the latest Bf-109 and Fw-190."

" This is just an observation and is not meant to become a
Flame post "

Thank You for your Time - O-NO

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 08:13 AM
1. A text that states A plane trumps B plane in X circumstance does not mean that everytime you place A plane against B plane in X circumstance in a simulation environment, A plane will win. There are too many other factors to able to say that the Yak-3 should beat the FW-190 at lower altitude.

What was the specific behavior the 190 performed that it should not have been able to? What was the specific behavior the Yak failed to perform that it should have? What were the detailed circumstances of the combat?

2. When you say it is "a little too sluggish from what I've read," are you comparing numbers or are you comparing pilots anecdotes to your own subjective experience?

3. I have tried repeatedly with no success to replicate the behavior you describe with the Yak-3 and rudder input during a wings vertical turn. The Yak-3's response to rudder input appears to be in line with all the other aircraft in the game. If I am in a left turn with my wings vertical and I push the rudder left, the nose drops, the tail raises and continued rudder input begins to induce a roll. Perhaps your rudder input is reversed or the trim out of wack?