PDA

View Full Version : What's included in IL2 1946? I doubt my retail version is Complete?

MB-BOB
11-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I just bought the retail version of IL2 1946, "The Signature Collection" at Circuit City. The box art says "5 games in one." I decided to buy this boxed set because I hoped to have the entire series in one easy install.

Inside the box is two DVDs, DVD #1 is the game install, and DVD #2 appears to be movies and other materials not related to the game.

On starting the game, (appears to work great in Vista 32) I have only the 1946 upgrades, and not even that, as the "Lerche" is not even available. When I select RAF, I'm presented only a single aircraft, a P51 to do a V1 chase. I'm missing the entire collection of RAF aircraft! Not even my beloved Mosquito.

Should I have more discs in the package? I have only the two discs, no manual, etc. Or is there something wrong I did in the install? I have nowhere near the 300 plus planes advertised. The package appeared to be a shrink-wrapped original, but I'm thinking it did not include everything

I thought this set would include the entire series, IL2 Sturm, Pacific Fighters, PE2, all the patches and 1946 update, but I fear I have only the last...

Any help appreciated...

cawimmer430
11-25-2007, 12:41 PM
On starting the game, (appears to work great in Vista 32) I have only the 1946 upgrades, and not even that, as the "Lerche" is not even available. When I select RAF, I'm presented only a single aircraft, a P51 to do a V1 chase. I'm missing the entire collection of RAF aircraft! Not even my beloved Mosquito.

I think you're looking in the wrong section. That sounds like the "SINGLE MISSION" sector. You can fly the Lerche, Mosquito etc. under QUICK MISSION BUILDER, FULL MISSION BUILDER and possibly certain PILOT CAREERS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Divine-Wind
11-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Il2 1946 includes Forgotten Battles, the Aces Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters, Pe-2, Sturmoviks over Manchuria, and 1946. The original Il2 is a standalone game.

As for the planes, go to Quick Mission, and select the top pulldown list. You should see all the flyable planes available there, which with 1946 is the nearly 300 advertised.

I don't have the retail version (I bit the bullet and got the Digital Downloand), but I believe 1946 doesn't come with a manual, at least not a physical one. There should be one in PDF format in your Il2 folder, along with several other documents.

Hope that helps a bit!

Edit: Bah, Cawimmer beat me.

willyvic
11-25-2007, 12:49 PM
What cawimmer said. If you have any doubt about the amount of aircraft you have, open the skins folder using windows explorer. Hit edit, select all. You should have about 310 folders in there.

Holy ****!...there's 310 folders in there!!!!! And here I've only flown about two dozen of them...sheeesh.

WV

MB-BOB
11-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
Il2 1946 includes Forgotten Battles, the Aces Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters, Pe-2, Sturmoviks over Manchuria, and 1946. The original Il2 is a standalone game.

As for the planes, go to Quick Mission, and select the top pulldown list. You should see all the flyable planes available there, which with 1946 is the nearly 300 advertised. Oh my, I am such a dunce... Quick Mission was the mistake... All planes are there now.

I guess it's really been a while since I played this game regularly.

Thanks, fellas.

Divine-Wind
11-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Bah, we all have our moments, don't worry too much. As someone once said, if this is the biggest mistake you make all year, you're a lucky guy. :wink:

Oh, and welcome to the world of 1946... Beware the flying buttpluggers! (A la Lerche)