PDA

View Full Version : Alta´rs advisor, brother and friend.

AronAssassin68
05-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Im talking about Malik of course. An awesome and important character in my opinion. I really hope that in the seal memory's, (The parts we play as Alta´r.) He will play a role too. How about you? Would you want to see him?

ShaneO7K
05-12-2011, 07:26 AM
This is definetly something I want to be included, Malik towards the end of AC1 was slightly like how Leonardo was to Ezio.

We can almost be certain he will be included in Revelations, Altair also mentions him a few times in the Codex. And the advantage of Ubisoft bringing him back is that they wouldn't have to take the time they would with bringing in a brand new character because it will be easier for the player to find a connection with someone we already know and like.

Pavan_NL
05-12-2011, 07:40 AM
YES! Malik is awesome, I really hope we'll see him in Revelations.

reini03
05-12-2011, 08:50 AM
I might have musinderstood you, but... Malik isn't Altair's brother. Malik's brother is Katar, actually.

ShaneO7K
05-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
I might have musinderstood you, but... Malik isn't Altair's brother. Malik's brother is Katar, actually. I doubt he meant "brother" as in relation.

phil.llllll
05-12-2011, 10:04 AM
It would be a shame if Altair was there but not Malik. I'm all for the one armed assassin making a return.

Pavan_NL
05-12-2011, 10:10 AM
This topic reminded me of this: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/...rTheKnight/The_MALIK (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User:AldirTheKnight/The_MALIK)

phil.llllll
05-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Pavan_NL:
This topic reminded me of this: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/...rTheKnight/The_MALIK (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User:AldirTheKnight/The_MALIK)

Those pictures are awesome! The article itself though... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

persiateddy95
05-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Uncyclopedia is gold epicness.

As for OP, I'd also like to see Malik back, and imo Altair and Malik are more than friends. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

notafanboy
05-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pavan_NL:

Those pictures are awesome! The article itself though... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
"relentless hate of ALTAIR units and having only one arm." lol

Fairus60
05-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Malik┤s return is a MUST. According to the Codex, he became Altair┤s closest partner. Both of them created the new assassination techniques from AC2.

Evan52395
05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
I might have musinderstood you, but... Malik isn't Altair's brother. Malik's brother is Katar, actually.
And a "Brotherhood" implies that they are all related by blood I assume? /sarcasm

I would love to see Malik come back and maybe assist Altair with a mission.

AronAssassin68
05-12-2011, 03:05 PM

Dude..

xsatanicjokerx
05-12-2011, 03:31 PM
malik and leo are vioced by the same guy as well ant they?

phil.llllll
05-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
malik and leo are vioced by the same guy as well ant they?

No. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haaz_Sleiman - was the voice of Malik.

Valaquen_
05-12-2011, 06:50 PM
I liked his voice actor. I hope they bring him back. Capture that AC1 feel again, too. I hope.

scope2005
05-13-2011, 02:43 AM
I hope Malik and the other Rafiq's are included somehow. It would be interesting to explore Malik and Altair's friendship through the seals, as towards the end of AC1 it went from a relationship of contempt and intolerance, to that of admiration and friendship.

AronAssassin68
05-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Good to see Im not the only one who wants him back! I hope he gets a role as a sort of Leo. Because badass as it would be, I dont think he's going to do much fieldwork as an assassin anymore. Free running is kinda difficult having only one arm. But his role should be significant though as I think its safe to assume he was Altairs second in command.

gsosolidk
05-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Malik was missing an arm in AC1, but were all forgetting...

Altair has the apple of Eden! I'm SURE he would learn how to somehow replace Malik's arm with one of them fake ones, or even make him somehow have a real one again? I know having a real one again would slightly push it, but it's very possible he would find a way for Malik to have one of them fake ones (unfortunately, I've forgot what they're called). This is especially likely since Altair would blame himself for it too!

PhiIs1618033
05-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Actually, I don't expect Malik to be in this game. I want him too, but Ubi's retconned characters before, like Rosa.

phil.llllll
05-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Actually, I don't expect Malik to be in this game. I want him too, but Ubi's retconned characters before, like Rosa.

When did they retcon anything with Rosa?

Gasketfuse
05-15-2011, 01:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

When did they retcon anything with Rosa? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think he means her suddenly disappearing from the story and never being mentioned again, for some reason.

ShaneO7K
05-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Gasketfuse:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

When did they retcon anything with Rosa? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think he means her suddenly disappearing from the story and never being mentioned again, for some reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I don't think they will do that with Malik, he is mentioned in the Codex as somebody who's relationship with Altair grows and he helped Altair with new Assassinations and other stuff. And Malik is one of very few main characters left in AC1 that could make a return, I doubt Ubisoft would introduce too much characters in Altairs story.

PhiIs1618033
05-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Actually, I don't expect Malik to be in this game. I want him to, but Ubi's retconned characters before, like Rosa.

When did they retcon anything with Rosa? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They retconned her as a whole, like Antonio. They were nowhere to be seen. Also, fail from my part. 'I want him too' :P

thyevi
05-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by gsosolidk:
Malik was missing an arm in AC1, but were all forgetting...

Altair has the apple of Eden! I'm SURE he would learn how to somehow replace Malik's arm with one of them fake ones, or even make him somehow have a real one again? I know having a real one again would slightly push it, but it's very possible he would find a way for Malik to have one of them fake ones (unfortunately, I've forgot what they're called). This is especially likely since Altair would blame himself for it too!

Yeah, like quorra.
Biodigital jazz man!

E-Zekiel
05-15-2011, 09:42 PM

What do you mean, they retconned Rosa? When/where did you see this? I certainly didn't see it in the games....Only that he was a minor love interest he may have physically indulged in and simply grew apart offscreen.

PhiIs1618033
05-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

What do you mean, they retconned Rosa? When/where did you see this? I certainly didn't see it in the games....Only that he was a minor love interest he may have physically indulged in and simply grew apart offscreen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which is what I mean by retconned. She was there once and then, bam, she was gone as if she'd never existed. I'd call that a retcon.

younas456
05-16-2011, 02:47 AM
In the codex pages, alat´r mentions that after AC1, all the new functions he and malik discovered, like the metal plate on the blade(something special about that metal, which we are not getting told about) so they can reflect, and the double blad or what about the blade, so they didn't had to dispatch their finger.

I hope we are going to be able to witness this. And alta´r also tells about seeing the world apocalypse were everything turns to fire. i citate.

"Of all the things I've seen, none troubles me more than the image of the flames..." "moutains split and crack" "what is this madness I ahve seen? Is it them, I wonder? those who came before... Is this where they went? into the fire?"

So yes i hope malik will be there, and hope we will get to see al of this.

E-Zekiel
05-16-2011, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

What do you mean, they retconned Rosa? When/where did you see this? I certainly didn't see it in the games....Only that he was a minor love interest he may have physically indulged in and simply grew apart offscreen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which is what I mean by retconned. She was there once and then, bam, she was gone as if she'd never existed. I'd call that a retcon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not a retcon unless a writer/developer comes out and says Rosa was retconned, or if there are events in the game that suggest she never existed.

There are no events in the game that suggest she never existed. She is a friend Ezio made along the way, may or may not have liked for a brief period of time, and then moved on with his life. The way I see it, during the unseen years that pass between major arcs in the video games (often a year two, four, whatever will pass) they may have had a friendship/closeness. They simply grew apart. There's not really any retcon about it.

phil.llllll
05-16-2011, 06:29 PM
^Exactly.

They never mentioned her again because really she wasn't that important of a character.

I'm hoping for Revelations they move on from all the old npc characters and instead focus on creating memorable new ones.

Abeonis
05-16-2011, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
Actually, I don't expect Malik to be in this game. I want him to, but Ubi's retconned characters before, like Rosa.

They retconned her as a whole, like Antonio. They were nowhere to be seen. Also, fail from my part. 'I want him too' :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never read the Brotherhood novelisation, did you?

phil.llllll
05-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:

They retconned her as a whole, like Antonio. They were nowhere to be seen. Also, fail from my part. 'I want him too' :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never read the Brotherhood novelisation, did you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably a good thing. The Brotherhood novel was terrible.

X10J
05-16-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm thinking it could be cool if Yusuf Tazim, Ezio's counterpart in Constantinople, was a descendent of Malik.