PDA

View Full Version : Video demonstrating weak notoriety

Six_Gun
05-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I used to hate this mission, then I realized it wasn't too hard if you do it from the closest pigeon coop, where they respawn you if you fail. Turns out it's even easy with challenges that should make it hard if not impossible. I hope they work on the stealth more in AC 3, because in AC 2 it's too easy.

This is a side mission in Venice called Blade in the Crowd and you have to kill 3 diplomats undetected in 3 minutes. Since I've been testing out the Auditore Cape lately I thought I'd throw that in the mix. My goal ended up being to complete the mission in under 1 minute with no alerts from the guards or citizens.

Those whom have said the Auditore Cape and the notoriety system in general are weak are right. You shouldn't even be able to complete a mission like this whilst being notorious, let alone in less than a minute with no alerts raised. If I'm notorious I expect guards to come investigating if seen doing suspicious things like jumping off sides of buildings or climbing out of the water.

AC 2 Blade in the Crowd (http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFragManiac?feature=mhw4)
(Click on 480p for best image quality)

Black_Widow9
05-05-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=corfrm&cf=9011039408)

ottoprien
05-05-2010, 09:47 AM
I agree with you sixgun the stealth is weak, i mean, how do we hide from the guards on the missions away from the streets ? they see us all the time! so its hard to sneak up on them for a 100% assasin like kill.

i got the cape last night for the first time, and it did raise my eyebrows, especially pickpocketing to my hearts content. still, at least they improved the game from AC1, and its better than it is bad.

hopefully something they will impliment in the no doubt excellent AC3.

JohnConnor2012
05-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Impressive technique! My slow old PC fails to register kills and glitches endlessly over this mission.

Another trick I noticed while notorious is that you can usually run past all guards so quickly that they don't have time to register you're there.