PDA

View Full Version : Eagle "strike"

Zineus
07-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Couldnt Altair have a eagle, or a bird, so he could send the bird on a guard, attacking the guard, making the guard busy with the bird and Altair could escape! Cool, right?

TogaLive
07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Zineus:
Couldnt Altair have a eagle, or a bird, so he could send the bird on a guard, attacking the guard, making the guard busy with the bird and Altair could escape! Cool, right?

Well I think if the bird ends up being more of a companion, which im like 99% sure it will instead of just a lame symbol, then you could probably scope people out or have it call you if it sees something, but I think having a bird attack someone so you can escape at ease would be pretty lame, I mean isnt a huge part of the game the exit once you have killed someone? You get what I mean?

Zineus
07-06-2007, 03:44 PM
kk forget abaut this page

deskpe
07-06-2007, 03:53 PM
well the eagle could only keep one guy busy, and i bet there will be more trying to take you

chewie1890
07-06-2007, 04:15 PM
And lets be honest, the guards would destroy that bird so fast with a single sword swipe. Besides, how would the eagle hawk thing tell you were stuff was without ruining the realism?

TogaLive
07-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
And lets be honest, the guards would destroy that bird so fast with a single sword swipe. Besides, how would the eagle hawk thing tell you were stuff was without ruining the realism?

They actually can, without losing any realism, and there is a very sophisticated communications side to both modernday and ancient falconry between the bird and the falconer. Ive got to go for a few hours, but when I return Ill point out the finer points of that.

Boromir323
07-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by TogaLive:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:

They actually can, without losing any realism, and there is a very sophisticated communications side to both modernday and ancient falconry between the bird and the falconer. Ive got to go for a few hours, but when I return Ill point out the finer points of that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
I agree with Toga, falconry is very realistic and very possible for AC.

chewie1890
07-06-2007, 09:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:

They actually can, without losing any realism, and there is a very sophisticated communications side to both modernday and ancient falconry between the bird and the falconer. Ive got to go for a few hours, but when I return Ill point out the finer points of that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're telling me that Altair could send out his eagle, have it scan the area, come back and tell him where the guards are without them losing any realism?

I'm not talking about just having the hawk thing indicate to you that there are enemies, but rather indicating their locations and even start attacking the guards, as was being described above.

Karl_93
07-07-2007, 02:52 AM
no definatly not attacking, otherwise it would have to be like a dog and that wouldt be very cool at all lol. thou an eagle could find the 'target' and like guide altair by circling the targets area so altair knows where to go before using his itelect or whatever that was...

chewie1890
07-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Altair doesn't need to know where the target is, that's why theres a phase of the mission which requires you to find information about your target.

Besides most of these assassination ares supposed to be in public, where he could easily see all the guards by just walking around...

noobfun
07-07-2007, 12:38 PM
im still waiting for the interesting fact based essay on how you train a bird of prey to

tell the differeance between someone carrying a weapon and an enemy of yours

how it draws you a map to show you where they all are

how you train it to hunt a specific person when youve never seen/met the target

and id also like to see where it says the eagle belongs to altair

in 1 trailer an eagle flys from a corpse its been feeding on (when the target starts waving and shouting his arms), flys across a crowded square,(completly ignoring altair whos up a tower to the left of its flight path) and then circles the square once and flys away

MrMoo333
07-07-2007, 03:13 PM
then you could probably scope people out or have it call you if it sees something

How cool would it be if it went out, scoped for your target, found him, came back, and you had to follow him to the target. Like the bird is flying overhead and you are underneath jumpin from roof to roof, through the crowds and on horseback?

fiso16
07-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by MrMoo333:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TogaLive:
then you could probably scope people out or have it call you if it sees something

How cool would it be if it went out, scoped for your target, found him, came back, and you had to follow him to the target. Like the bird is flying overhead and you are underneath jumpin from roof to roof, through the crowds and on horseback? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would be pretty awsome but in my opinion would make the game too easy. half the fun is investigating and finding out where the next target is. and the camera would have to be zoomed out lots so you can see the bird and altair at the same time.

noobfun
07-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by MrMoo333:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TogaLive:

How cool would it be if it went out, scoped for your target, found him, came back, and you had to follow him to the target. Like the bird is flying overhead and you are underneath jumpin from roof to roof, through the crowds and on horseback? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

brandon lee's the crow is truely an awesome film

but that kind of thinking doesnt suit the game

SmokehtheFirst
07-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Having an eagle attack or even scout out an area for you is kind of unrealistic. It would be cool though to not have the eagle as an official companion of Altair, however you could get up on a roof and look around and the eagle will sometimes be seen hovering over where you need to go next. THAT would be cool.

boogymonster199
07-08-2007, 01:40 AM
it would be realistic if the eagle was trained to fly around, look, listen, taste(wtf http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif) for a large excited gathering of people and then come back and make racket to get your attention and head in the general direction of it (not so much to take the fun out of altairs investigative journalism as so you dont get the typical "gone everywhere and cant find the right spot" thats in lots of video games, since the assassins would obviously have a reputation for themselves some guards might recognize whats happening and start looking for a dude with white robes and whotnot, and people will generally notice the bird squawking at you and cause lots of extra attention, and if you move around lots the bird wont find you since it will go back to where u last were, so it will have to fly around and look for u, and theres a chance you may never see it again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

T_Spoon_UK
07-08-2007, 05:18 AM
...No.

I'm sorry, but the idea of having a Eagle do all the work like that is pointless and probably wont happen.. it just.. wouldnt..

noobfun
07-08-2007, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by T_Spoon_UK:
...No.

I'm sorry, but the idea of having a Eagle do all the work like that is pointless and probably wont happen.. it just.. wouldnt..

in terms of ideas this is almost as bad as the kid who wanted a helmet with horns on so he could headbutt guards to death

Zineus
07-08-2007, 08:40 AM
You know, all i meant 2 say was that the bird could distract ONE guard, if u got ONE guard on a plase u didnt want him 2 be,u could scare him off by using ure hawk

Zineus
07-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Ps: Did he realy want a helmet with horns? roflmao

noobfun
07-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Zineus:

i tried to find the topic but couldnt, was sure it was weapons and tactics maybe the posts got deleted

chewie and hatch were deffinatley around when he posted it, one of them should remember it

*edit*
woot found it ^_^

pointy death helmets are cool (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4781000925?r=9621040925#9621040925)

moqqy
07-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by noobfun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_Spoon_UK:
...No.

in terms of ideas this is almost as bad as the kid who wanted a helmet with horns on so he could headbutt guards to death </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmfao hahahaha... just imagine altair having a spiky helmet and charging at guards

.... his idea of stealing peoples clothes to pretend to be an citizen sounds cool too, cos altair probably has "I AM AN ASSASSIN" sign on his normal clothes

T_Spoon_UK
07-08-2007, 12:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_Spoon_UK:
...No.

in terms of ideas this is almost as bad as the kid who wanted a helmet with horns on so he could headbutt guards to death </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao!

" Bow down to me! Mortal beings! For i am HornFace! i shall headbutt yee' to death if you defy my wishes! " * Gets Stabbed *

TogaLive
07-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:

So you're telling me that Altair could send out his eagle, have it scan the area, come back and tell him where the guards are without them losing any realism?

I'm not talking about just having the hawk thing indicate to you that there are enemies, but rather indicating their locations and even start attacking the guards, as was being described above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thankyou to those who agree with me. Although I may have been misunderstood, What I meant was not that they can in fact tell you the location of a target. AN example being how I recently went out falconing with my neighbor who is a Master Falconer (one of about 500 in the country) and it truly was a spectacal to behold. He could set the bird out to find a specific game, then when the bird finds it it comes back to anounce the games presence. then the hawk flew out, circling over the game untill my neighbor is able to get close enough to catch the rabbit once the bird scares it out.

This is what I mean, that these birds are in no way lacking intelligence, and that it is very realistic that the hawk in question or eagle could tell Altair the whereabouts of specific targets and report back through whatever system they use for communication. An example being how my neighbor (troy) is able to efficiently communicate with his birds (as a master falconer he is allowed to have a few, possibly even a golden eagle if he wishes and can pass a few extra tests) through a system of clicks and "huck-luck" calling.

In the case of attacking on command, this is an absolute NO, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS impossibility. I get to this conclusion simply through the knowledge that these birds are no-ones servants, at best you are their servants, because at any point in a hunt (this has happened multiple times to troy) your bird may fly away since they are not bound to you in any way. The only reason they have to stick around you is because they realize that you know where food is, and they will do relatively simple tasks such as hunting and scanning areas for you, as long as food follows. If some doesnt they WILL fly away. OS yeah, basically NO bird will put itself in harms way just because its partner (the falconer) asks it to, nor even to gain food, it would much rather go off and find new grounds to hunt.

In finality, bird scanning the area and pointing out specific targets = a definant (ah spelling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) yes, and very possible and realistic.

while having a bird attack a target just because you say so = a NO, NO, NO beyond any doubt, and would cost the game a trmendous amount of realism loss.

chewie1890
07-08-2007, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zineus:

i tried to find the topic but couldnt, was sure it was weapons and tactics maybe the posts got deleted

chewie and hatch were deffinatley around when he posted it, one of them should remember it

*edit*
woot found it ^_^

pointy death helmets are cool (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4781000925?r=9621040925#9621040925) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bahahaha! I completely forgot about that. Ah man that's good stuff... Poor guy never came back though...

RetiredHatch
07-08-2007, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zineus:

*edit*
woot found it ^_^

pointy death helmets are cool (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4781000925?r=9621040925#9621040925) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow i honestly dont remember that at all but now i do http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif honestly was going to avoid this thread altogether but who can resist

i read togas post though and that does sound interesting honestly but i have no doubt the eagle is going stay no more than a symbol than an actual game mechanic http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

but seriously though attack birds and pointy helmet headbutts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif this kinda made my day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

OhItsArcheys
07-10-2007, 05:27 PM
well i dont like the idea of the eagle i dunno hes a assassin but thats my opinion!

the thread about those suggestions lol i laughed about 5 mins horn helmet is one but when i read it again i laughed even more

SLINGSHOT WARHAMMER
FLAIL SCIMITAR
PIKE LONGBOW
BATTLE AXE MACE
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
sorry for off-topic