PDA

View Full Version : ways to get kills with .50 cal



LeadSpitter_
12-11-2004, 01:06 PM
http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/68_1097317575_dsc00317.jpg

Udidtoo
12-11-2004, 01:09 PM
heheh

HayateAce
12-11-2004, 01:31 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Korolov
12-11-2004, 01:43 PM
I always wondered why your shots went all over the place.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

MEGILE
12-11-2004, 01:46 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FatBoyHK
12-11-2004, 02:05 PM
0.5 cal is fine, you have problem with it? may be you have an unrealistically high expectation already engraved in my mind? Frankly, what you are expecting 6 or 8 0.5 cal can do for you?

Don't get me wrong, I just want to understand your problem, and possibly give you some help.

MEGILE
12-11-2004, 03:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Don't get me wrong, I just want to understand your problem, and possibly give you some help <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LeadSpitter n00b! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

GR142_Astro
12-11-2004, 04:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Don't get me wrong, I just want to understand your problem, and possibly give you some help <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to knock this slow-pitch outta the park, but I will just inform you that Leadspitter is quite an accomplished player and marksman. Nobody is expecting laser beams here, just a tweak of the online coding so that it at least the .50s come close to what they can do offline.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Hint: Look at post counts to tip you off on players that have been around awhile.

BuzzU
12-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Stop shooting at 1000m.

meh_cd
12-11-2004, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Megile:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Don't get me wrong, I just want to understand your problem, and possibly give you some help <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LeadSpitter n00b! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

During my comparitively short stay here, I have seen times when he certainly acts like one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

p1ngu666
12-11-2004, 04:51 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ive found 5-8 tobe indifferent, but in pairs deadly
i dunno why *shrug*

hobnail
12-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Geez LS, you forgot the dark glasses and white stick in that photo.

Red_Storm
12-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Oh, LS definitely is a noob compared to some here! *cough*lookatdatejoined*cough* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FatBoyHK
12-12-2004, 01:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GR142_Astro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Don't get me wrong, I just want to understand your problem, and possibly give you some help <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to knock this slow-pitch outta the park, but I will just inform you that Leadspitter is quite an accomplished player and marksman. Nobody is expecting laser beams here, just a tweak of the online coding so that it at least the .50s come close to what they can do offline.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Hint: Look at post counts to tip you off on players that have been around awhile. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I am quite confused. Some quote that he is indeed a good pilot, but he certainly didn't behave like one here.... I am realy confused.

Von_Zero
12-12-2004, 02:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>but he certainly didn't behave like one here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
rotfl.... c'mon man, he is joking...... what is confusing?

BBB_Hyperion
12-12-2004, 06:29 AM
Thats intresting i use the same modification on my 151/20s to have an effect http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tully__
12-12-2004, 06:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Red_Storm:
Oh, LS definitely is a noob compared to some here! *cough*lookatdatejoined*cough* http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't rely on that or post count. Some very long term community members have lost their accounts in forum software changes and had to re-register with a loss of both post count and join date.

I should add the LS is not a bad pilot by any stretch. He's at least 3 for 0 against me on warclouds and I'm not in there often.

Diablo310th
12-12-2004, 07:23 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif I never thought of using that trick LS. Good find.

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
12-12-2004, 05:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BBB_Hyperion:
Thats intresting i use the same modification on my 151/20s to have an effect http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you too?
**** and i thought i'd be the only one.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

carguy_
12-13-2004, 03:19 AM
You guys should stop firing from 300m,it messes up the surprise factor completely.

HeinzBar
12-13-2004, 06:54 AM
S!,
No disrepect, but I don't see the problem w/ the .50s. The times that I don't fly my trusty focke wulf, I'll fly the p47. I find the 8x .50 to be more than good enough to smoke nearly every LW plane I saddle up on. I may not destroy them on the first pass, but I do usually manage to put them out of the fight on that pass.

The problem I find w/ online servers while flying the US planes is the lack of support on the allied sides. It seems to be more of a cowboy attitude and less cooperation. Don't get me wrong, but I've tried using the comms on Red while flying in WC. It's like a tomb w/ very little communication going on. To be successful in the US planes and their .50s, team work is a must. IMHO, I think people are expecting too much out of the .50s. Then again, it could be a universial damage model thing. Look at the number of shots it sometimes takes for the mk108 to destroy something.

My $.02,

HB

EZbusa
12-13-2004, 09:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HeinzBar:
S!,

The problem I find w/ online servers while flying the US planes is the lack of support on the allied sides. It seems to be more of a cowboy attitude and less cooperation. Don't get me wrong, but I've tried using the comms on Red while flying in WC. It's like a tomb w/ very little communication going on. To be successful in the US planes and their .50s, team work is a must. IMHO, I think people are expecting too much out of the .50s. Then again, it could be a universial damage model thing. Look at the number of shots it sometimes takes for the mk108 to destroy something.

My $.02,

HB <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea hienz it€s a tuff fight on the red side if I don€t have a squad mate to fly with on WC.
I gave up on coms there when we got the new server telling me where we are losing planes.
I got tired of begging those guys to fly above 3000ft, they just can€t seem to grasp the concept of attitude advantage in a 47 or 51 nor even a spit. I sometimes think we get all of the new guys.

I often admire blues team work though, I often run into 4 - 6 of you at 6000 meters flying well together even with mixed squads, I always enjoy our fights.
You shouldn€t fall for the drag so EZ though, I am quickly becoming the master of running away. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
S~ Heinzbar

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
12-13-2004, 09:34 AM
ture, nice teamwork can give a squad with the cr@piest AC an advantage http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FatBoyHK
12-13-2004, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The problem I find w/ online servers while flying the US planes is the lack of support on the allied sides. It seems to be more of a cowboy attitude and less cooperation. Don't get me wrong, but I've tried using the comms on Red while flying in WC. It's like a tomb w/ very little communication going on. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think the red is that bad in term of teamwork. I am being involved in some *unspoken* teamwork almost every sorties I fly in WC... In my last mission (1 hour ago), I pushed the bad guy out of his envople, and then my teammate moved in for a kill...another bad guy come in on his six, he baited him for me, and I duly crippled it... finally we (3 of us in this moment) finish him off together....not a word spoken or typed until at the end of fight, when we congrad each other for the job well done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The problem I find w/ online servers
To be successful in the US planes and their .50s, team work is a must. IMHO
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think US plane do need more teamwork, but not because of the 0.50 cal... at least not the prime reason... It should be because US plane really shine with BnZ tactics, and BnZ tactics generally need more teamwork than TnB tactics. Just my 2 cents

HeinzBar
12-13-2004, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EZbusa:
Yea hienz it€s a tuff fight on the red side if I don€t have a squad mate to fly with on WC.
I gave up on coms there when we got the new server telling me where we are losing planes.
I got tired of begging those guys to fly above 3000ft, they just can€t seem to grasp the concept of attitude advantage in a 47 or 51 nor even a spit. I sometimes think we get all of the new guys.

I often admire blues team work though, I often run into 4 - 6 of you at 6000 meters flying well together even with mixed squads, I always enjoy our fights.
You shouldn€t fall for the drag so EZ though, I am quickly becoming the master of running away. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
S~ Heinzbar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey EZ,
I know I shouldn't fall for the Drag & Bag, but the bloodlust gets to me and my SA drops to zero http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif It's a character fault of mine to pursue something even if it gets me into trouble.. LOL.

I'll see you, and the 310th, in the skies soon.

HB