PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new game?

wepeel
11-30-2007, 04:17 PM
I've heard that starting anew will erase all current progress, so that you can never have more than one savegame going at a time. Assuming that is true, what happens to stuff like templars and flags when you start a new game? Do they reset so you can kill/gather them over again, or will the ones you have already taken care of carry over from the previous game?

Tela
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm almost positive that you hve to start completely over. Only things like acheivemnts will stay. And, yes...you can have only one save at a time.

dirtybird21
11-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah but it's no big deal really, Just load the first memory block and start over again lol.

wepeel
11-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Hm.. so what if I don't have the complete achievement, but say, 30 templars killed and 15 flags gathered? Will they reset to 0 with all the templars and flags respawning on the maps again?

And I was actually hoping they would, as I rather enjoyed riding around the Kingdom tracking down templars. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Tela
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that flags and templars get reset. I think it would be kind of silly to have you only able to collect/kill them ONCE and never again.

CouchZombie
11-30-2007, 04:38 PM
after you view the credits you are able to free roam and redo missions at your leisure, if you start a new game though everything will reset, flags,sync,templars and so forth, if you would like to have multiple games, just create a new profile for your system 360 or PS3

wepeel
11-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Aye, was thinking that too.. I suppose I will try it out soon enough. Although I can't quite see why they won't simply allow multiple saves so that you can both refresh the world and keep it as it was.

wepeel
11-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by CouchZombie:
after you view the credits you are able to free roam and redo missions at your leisure, if you start a new game though everything will reset, flags,sync,templars and so forth, if you would like to have multiple games, just create a new profile for your system 360 or PS3

Ah, that sounds like an idea indeed, thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

MiniAssasin
11-30-2007, 04:52 PM
just use a different gamerprofile and you can save as many times as ya want

Vincentantonio
12-01-2007, 06:57 AM
That's why you have the option to replay your memories in the animus. Instead of pick "continue" select the DNA with the portion of the game you want to replay in the animus and don't start a new game.

wepeel
12-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Vincentantonio:
That's why you have the option to replay your memories in the animus. Instead of pick "continue" select the DNA with the portion of the game you want to replay in the animus and don't start a new game.

Yeah, but that isn't the same. If you can only have one save, what happens if you select memory block 5, say, play for half a mission and then quit? Will it save that half mission and overwrite your save from when you finished the game, or will you still be at the end of the game when you load it up again?

And as stated above, the option to start anew from a fresh world with all flags and templars untouched, without destroying your savegame from the end, would be a good thing. I know now you can solve this issue by creating a new profile, but that is still something of a workaround for a feature they should have been able to include very easily.

Royal.Mist
12-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by CouchZombie:

Sorry but that is the dumbest solution to this problem I have heard. Especially for the 360. Ubisoft has recreated the problems found with Dead Rising all over again.

Vincentantonio
12-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CouchZombie:

Sorry but that is the dumbest solution to this problem I have heard. Especially for the 360. Ubisoft has recreated the problems found with Dead Rising all over again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I repeat after you end the game, the credits and all that stuff; you still may use the animus and may replay any missions you wish and go back. What's the problem? Learn first how the game works before start ranting without reason.

Raven5326
12-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Thats all well and good, but how do you select what block to load, the continue button is greyed out

MiniAssasin
12-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Raven5326:
Thats all well and good, but how do you select what block to load, the continue button is greyed out

your not selecting continue you have completed the game

you look up which selects the dna strand and you scroll left to right to select the level

its not hard to work out. i swear the q of the human race is crashing into the ground

such stupid questions all the time