PDA

View Full Version : Confused Chuck asks: .50 cals? Is this serious

Chuck_Older
10-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Folks still say that the .50s were "bad" before and now they are "good"?

They say now you can't hit anything with the .40s now though, because the planes 'wander' too much?

Is this serious? Really. Not a fishing excuriosn here. This is confusing because it's like these folks play a different sim than I do. I don't have these troubles at all.

Opiate364
10-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Oleg could release a "filler patch" with no actual real content and people would still complain that their favorate plane "got porked" or "is correct" now. I just ignore said threads but when there are 15 on the 1st page, it's hard to avoid.

Chuck_Older
10-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Opiate364:
Oleg could release a "filler patch" with no actual real content and people wouls still complain that their favorate plane "got porked" or "is correct" now.

You know, you're right

dazza9806482
10-19-2005, 10:01 AM
All this bollocks bores me rigid. I am truely grateful for such an excellent game, am still really impressed that we even get free content, new planes, new maps.

also i trust oleg. i trust him more than guys who spend their stick time in the virtual world. lots of really qualified and interesting folk here but Olegs credentials are unsurpassed.

i commented in another thread that i noticed the bobble, i did, but i trust oleg not to simply pull things out of the air purely to nerf someones favourite ride....

bugs? sure not that many and they are fixed

what we see are generally smallish revisions and improvements in a truely expansive game...

and that should be applauded i think.

ps. i cant hit **** with the p47 and i think its olegs fault...... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LeOs.K_Walstein
10-19-2005, 10:58 AM
I have given up trying to understand all whining for two reasons:

1) Whiners are not developers of the sim and they whine without responsebility-wether they are wrong or right.

2) Whiners will keep on whining anyhow...forever. So it doesn´t finally pay following up all their statements - again, let them be wrong or wright.

I trust Oleg & the team simply because they have created the whole game. They know all the details and they are the people who have balanced everyhting. For me it perhaps easy to trust them since I don´t have the slightest idea about programing. I just enjoy.

All I know about this sim is what I see and experience myself. And from the day one till today it has been so, that if the enemy gets enough bullets, he will come down not depending of the type of the weapon I´ve used against him. I don´t know enough about weapons nor about anything else (in this sim) either so I sometimes get tired for all chit chat.

I enjoy this sim and I wish everybody the same nice feeling!
Wallstein

civildog
10-19-2005, 12:00 PM
The first thing I tested was to see if the .50's and the Cobra's 37mm were back to what they used to be.

I was ecstatic to see that 2 out of three times I blew 190 A-8's in half with a single 37mm round at 150meters ...the third took two rounds.

I had tears of joy when I set up a run on two Heinkels and sawed the wing off one with a Mustang, and knocked one of the engines clean off it's mounts on the other. With just the 2 nose mounted 50's in a 39-Q-10 I was able to quickly get both engines smoking on a Heinkel, then finish it off with 2 cannon hits.

Nothing wrong with the guns!

Chuck_Older
10-19-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm used to chopping things up in a Hawk 81, so maybe having 6 .50s is overkill for me now? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Can't wait to get home and try a Jug

Bearcat99
10-19-2005, 12:15 PM
AFAIC it just keeps getting better.... I have found that no matterwhat new "problems" may arrise with each sucessive patch they are all surmountable and for me the enjoyment of the sim just improves. One thing I have noticed though... if you went solely by these boards you wouldnt know what the sim was about because there are so many differing opinions.... and you know wat they say about opinions.... The bottom line is This sim is still miles high above anything else as far as a WW2 sim goes... for flyability,realism,graphics you name it. I am STILL a FANMAN..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

jds1978
10-21-2005, 04:05 AM
new .50 cals=the real deal...

prior to this patch, i'd almost given up on AC w/MG's only...now the M2 acts like a real HMG.

i mean, at 100 yards a Browning .50 cal will pulverize concrete blocks into powder IRL. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

thanks to 4.02, the M2 saws off wings, ignites gas tanks, turns truck convoys into flaming miasma....

Genie-
10-21-2005, 04:13 AM
I trust Oleg & the team simply because they have created the whole game. They know all the details and they are the people who have balanced everyhting. For me it perhaps easy to trust them since I don´t have the slightest idea about programing. I just enjoy.

did you know that prisoners that were sent to gulags in Siberia by Stalin did write letters to Stalin to free them because some unknown hand has put them there?

well , poor fellows just didn€t know.

nakamura_kenji
10-21-2005, 04:18 AM
fly ki-61-I-otsu quite often before now not no anything different between patch but i not feel anything wrong with 12.7mm before. in 4.01 tails would come off when ki-43-I-c which have 2x12.7mm so not ever understood problem with.

japanese 12.7mm copy browning believe so power should be same

SeaFireLIV
10-21-2005, 04:18 AM
It`s a case of bad workmen blaming their tools as always...

Blame anything but their own lack of flying pracuise.

VVS-Manuc
10-21-2005, 04:19 AM
I really hope Oleg is going to tone down the MG 151/20 performance because it is widely overmodelled.

Badsight.
10-21-2005, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by dazza9806482:
i trust him more than guys who spend their stick time in the virtual world. lots of really qualified and interesting folk here but Olegs credentials are unsurpassed. thats interesting . Oleg plays this game much anymore ?

it was the users that tested & discovered the MG151 was the wrong ammo load

Oleg maddox said the MG151 wasnt wrong & that it already was the right ammo load

the ammo load got changed the next patch because it actually was wrong

nakamura_kenji
10-21-2005, 04:29 AM
wasnt load before that use for attack il-2 so many ap round little he(mg round)?

wish could find answer if ki-61-I-hei use same belt ammo as german or it use different japanese belt ammo.

dazza9806482
10-21-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Badsight.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dazza9806482:
i trust him more than guys who spend their stick time in the virtual world. lots of really qualified and interesting folk here but Olegs credentials are unsurpassed. thats interesting . Oleg plays this game much anymore ?

it was the users that tested & discovered the MG151 was the wrong ammo load

Oleg maddox said the MG151 wasnt wrong & that it already was the right ammo load

the ammo load got changed the next patch because it actually was wrong </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, user do have an input, but when u consider the sheer scope of the entirety of the game. how stable it is, how well it runs, how the net code is. graphic problems, new drivers issues. The fact that oleg is repsonsive to this stuff is excellent,

but its the attitude, firstly that oleg randomly choses to nerf aspects of the game or planes without data or reason, and that the immediate reaction is criticism or a kind of wonderment that he could be so remiss.

i think some people need a sense of perspective. in saying that i do respect and enjoy reading the vastly expansive experiments on the ready room and the work put in. but even these in their undeniable scientific credibility are not respective of the big picture, the costs the work and the underlying code. its all fairly easy to pick holes in small aspects of a huge largely superlative product.

dazza9806482
10-21-2005, 05:25 AM
PS. Oleg probably plays BOB!

Badsight.
10-21-2005, 05:34 AM
RGRT http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Low_Flyer_MkII
10-21-2005, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by dazza9806482:

You mean some bugger's leaked that too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

carguy_
10-21-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by VVS-Manuc:
I really hope Oleg is going to tone down the MG 151/20 performance because it is widely overmodelled.

Great,fix the DM of P39,P63,La,LaGG,Spitfire,I16,P47 BTW.

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Low_Flyer_MkII:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dazza9806482:

You mean some bugger's leaked that too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL...if he plays a leaked version, it didn't have to drip very far...be sure. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

TB

Grey_Mouser67
10-21-2005, 04:02 PM
It is really too early to comment on the HMG's for me, but I did have a first...playing on a server last night, I caught a Ki-84 in the vertical and I was flying a P-47D...I got shots on target and held them there, and the plane just melted away in a ball of fire...it was raining Ki-84 for several minutes...didn't explode...just came apart...never had that happen before that I can remember.

I'm finding the HMG's to be effective when I hit and hold...hitting and holding is a challenge though...and the issue with the sync makes shooting jinking targets less effective...I got a feeling with the wobbly planes and sync'd guns and if I can make one pass kills, I won't be trying to follow and shoot jinking planes much any more...time will tell.

I got a feeling that the HMG's didn't really change...some of the Damage models did...some of the effects, like exploding planes may have too.

Enforcer572005
10-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Kenji, i dnloaded a utility called il2 wingman that has tons of info on all the weapons,guns, everything. found out stuff i had no idea existed, saw weapons i ddnt even know were in the game. lots of specs on the guns; perhaps it might have the info you seek on japanese guns.
of course, i cant remember where i found it, but im sure some of these guys know where it is.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

also, thank the sim gods the 37 seems to be back to normal. It seemed that the 23mm was more effective for a while, and me-323s and He111s could absorb quite a bit of them for a while.

This thing is just getting better, and im grateful like you guys that oleg and his guys respond and give us all this free stuff.

If you ever flew MS CFS2, you would be really greatful, since that outfit never fixed the most godawful bugs and screwups that plagued that unfinished sim.

Kuna15
10-21-2005, 08:35 PM
So far IL-2 Wingman was the best source of info about game directly (on one place). At least best I have saw.

Like Enforcer said, t0ns of various info about plane performance, guns loadouts etc. They have link on airwarfare.com (I think version 5.5, but also there is 6.0 version).