PDA

View Full Version : Sea Patches/x800

EagleDeer
01-15-2005, 02:44 AM
Hi:

I have all settings on excellent. I have noticed what appear to be hi res sea textures below me, but they are aquare and turn into what appear to be low res textures farther out. The 'low res' textures actually look pretty good, but the straigh demarkating lines between the low and high res take away from immersion. Is this normal, and if not, is there a known fix.

I recently upgraded to an x800 xe. If anyone has found a sweet spot interms of setup settings, please let me now.

Many thanks.

EagleDeer
01-15-2005, 02:44 AM
Hi:

I have all settings on excellent. I have noticed what appear to be hi res sea textures below me, but they are aquare and turn into what appear to be low res textures farther out. The 'low res' textures actually look pretty good, but the straigh demarkating lines between the low and high res take away from immersion. Is this normal, and if not, is there a known fix.

I recently upgraded to an x800 xe. If anyone has found a sweet spot interms of setup settings, please let me now.

Many thanks.

NL_snake_eye_NL
01-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Hi EagleDeer

ive got also a x800 pro edition and my settings are:

setup menu:---> settings: custom
texture mipmap filter: anisotropic
texture compression: none

use dither yes
use vertex arrays yes
polygon stipple yes

exstensions:

disable all: no
multitexture: yes
combine: yes
secondary color: yes
vertex array exstension: yes
clip hint: yes
use palette: yes
texture anisotropic: yes
texture compress arb exstension: yes

my resiolution is1280x960 32 bit

in game:

go to hardware setup---> video options and make sure you set everything on highest settings,it's very importand to set landscape details on perfect!

this should do it. ive any one knows some better settings please tell it.

greets snake eye

Firebird_79vRAF
01-15-2005, 04:15 AM
~S~

If you stop by 79vRAF site theres a section of the IL2 public forum that has water settings for ATI cards.

EagleDeer
01-15-2005, 05:49 AM
Thanks guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Edit: Looking much better now, and surprisingly no trade off in fps, unless running old mission tracks (e.g. 1945)!