PDA

View Full Version : Codex Edition or Collector's edition?

Mandanza
04-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Have already finished the game, but since I accidently bought it in swedish I now want to buy a new version in english, because I in my nerdiness find that much cooler.
I also want it to be more special, so I'm choosing between Codex Edition and Collector's Edition.

So here's my question: Which one do you prefer? Which one do you have, or want to have?

Ureh
04-20-2011, 02:17 PM
I have the Collector's Edition. It's very disappointing:

1. All contents are contained in a cardboard box that feels and looks cheap. The paint job easily flakes off during S&H.
2. Artbook are the usual tiny ones you find in most CEs nowadays. Very unimpressive.
3. A poster depicting the cover of the game box art with printed dev signatures, on the back is the in-game map of Rome. Nothing special.
4. Jack-in-the-boxes looks pretty impressive but are also very common and not limited. I have the Doctor and Harlequin. Comes with a plastic key to unlock it. You can buy these anywhere for an affordable price (the Doctor can also be bought from the Ubiworkshop site).
5. There's also a code to two Templar treasures. I think they should still be valid if you buy new. You won't miss anything if you don't play them. But I'll admit that the Aqueduct map was visually impressive.

You can still get a new CE (with everything included) for the same original retail price. Some websites even sell it for much cheaper.

I'm interested in the Codex Artbook found only in the Codex Edition. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mandanza
04-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Now I'm turning more towards the Codex Edition, (again).
The most interested thing in Collector's is the jack-in-the-box, especially now when the other things didn't get much praise.
The Codex Ed. also has the Codex, which I really wants to get my hands on. Plus it's got the extra multiplayer characters...
It's a little more expensive though, but maybe it's worth the extra cash

Thanks for helping me in my decision http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif