PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed for MAC ?!?!

Jayki
07-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Hi guys one question!

Will be the game also for MAC or only for Windows USER?!?!?

... greetings Jayki

katz_bg
07-10-2007, 07:54 AM
don't get your hopes up.
the only popular games i've ever seen come out for Mac are Blizzard's games.
Mac is not really a market for these games, so they don't waste dollars for it.

ifiwerearichman
07-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Get bootcamp, nuff said.

chewie1890
07-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by ifiwerearichman:
Get bootcamp, nuff said.

And by the looks of it, a copy of Vista.

GPNM
07-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ifiwerearichman:
Get bootcamp, nuff said.

And by the looks of it, a copy of Vista. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Says who?
There's no reason to assume that Vista will be a prerequisite for AC.

TogaLive
07-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Jayki:
Hi guys one question!

Will be the game also for MAC or only for Windows USER?!?!?

... greetings Jayki

Good question but im afraid not, as the others said, dont keep your hopes up.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forums! Mabey check out a few of the stickies to help you get started. They will give you just about as much info on the game as any of us can. Good post though, since I dont think this one has been asked before, but mabey I am wrong.

chewie1890
07-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by GPNM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ifiwerearichman:
Get bootcamp, nuff said.

Says who?
There's no reason to assume that Vista will be a prerequisite for AC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:Sigh: I didn't mean it absolutely, just that theres a chance. Goodness gracious, better to be safe than sorry. I mean if he's going to use Bootcamp then instead of buying a copy of XP he might as well buy Vista just to be on the safe side.

[Edit]

Anyways Microsoft is starting the conversion. Halo 2, ShadowRun, Alan Wake, and probably a slew of other are going Vista only. Though for ShadowRun I believe theres a downloadable mod you can get which lets you play it on an XP computer.

GPNM
07-10-2007, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GPNM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:
Get bootcamp, nuff said.

Says who?
There's no reason to assume that Vista will be a prerequisite for AC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:Sigh: I didn't mean it absolutely, just that theres a chance. Goodness gracious, better to be safe than sorry. I mean if he's going to use Bootcamp then instead of buying a copy of XP he might as well buy Vista just to be on the safe side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't mean any offense by that post...just so you know.

I get what you mean...I just have a thing against Vista.
Y'know...the whole, broken OS thing.

TogaLive
07-10-2007, 01:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GPNM:
Get bootcamp, nuff said.

Says who?

:Sigh: I didn't mean it absolutely, just that theres a chance. Goodness gracious, better to be safe than sorry. I mean if he's going to use Bootcamp then instead of buying a copy of XP he might as well buy Vista just to be on the safe side.

[Edit]

Anyways Microsoft is starting the conversion. Halo 2, ShadowRun, Alan Wake, and probably a slew of other are going Vista only. Though for ShadowRun I believe theres a downloadable mod you can get which lets you play it on an XP computer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, there is a mod for it.

davo81
07-10-2007, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't think it's coming for MAC at all. But just use some emulators or somthing to run Vista on Mac or somthing

Jayki
07-11-2007, 06:41 AM
thanks for all the answers, .. i have bootcamp but i am afraid to run it, .. because its just the beta and if it doenst work correctly ... its better to buy it for ps3 !!

dougoftheabaci
07-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Sorry to resurrect this a bit but I just had to point this out to people since everyone seems to be missing it: Cider (http://www.transgaming.com/products/cider/).

Before Cider, before the intel switch, before WWDC2007 even I would agree with everyone here that the chances of Assassin's Creed hitting the Mac in a way that doesn't involve virtualisation or Boot Camp were non-existent.

However with the switch to Intel things got a lot easier for game studios to port games for Mac. Second, with the Intel switch came Cider which allows you to take a PC game and port it for Mac in record time with very little re-engineering. Now little? Go to Demonoid.com someone just ported Hitman: Contracts ON THEIR OWN. And he says he's planning on doing more. What's more, a few other game companies are already saying they'll release major titles to Mac and PC at the same time. Who said Ubisoft won't follow if sales on the Mac start drawing profit for a lot of people?

Basically, while a lot of you seem so certain it won't happen, I can't be that sure. The chances of PC games coming to Mac are higher than ever what with recent sales and advancement in technology. On top of that, at least one person out there is willing to port great PC games for Mac as it is, if Assassin's Creed is as big as I think it's going to be (does anyone else get kiddy like a school girl at the though of playing such a cool game?) then there's still a chance that some random coder will do it themselves.

By the way I'm new here too so please... Be gentle...