PDA

View Full Version : new flying experience how to

daswift12005
02-22-2007, 07:50 AM
hi al
in order to juice up my il2 gameplay experience , i decided to build a sim chair thing .
i own a gmc vandura , wich i converted into a campervan , wich leaves me with a captain chair left over .
i mounted it on an solid foot , now the idea is to make it into a playing seat to get it as sim as can be .
i got a hp9085 laptop , witch got 17 inch widescreen , geforce 7600, 2 gig ram , and runs exelent . it also got a dolby surround output .
currently im building the construction where the lappie stands on , bit tricky couse it has to be able to swing away when needed[for entering the chair]. bfore i went to the shop to pick up a saitek x 52 [see the 'what joystick's best?'tread] but it was sold out for the moment . im also brainstorming where to put the stick , in the center , or on the armrest? . and where to put the trotle device [if i buy the x52[should i ?] ]. on the left armrest , or what ?? and what bout the screen distance ?tell me what you think , and pleaze show yr flying setup and tell whats good or bad about it while flying .regards daswift1 always on the go . . . . .

daswift12005
02-22-2007, 07:50 AM
hi al
in order to juice up my il2 gameplay experience , i decided to build a sim chair thing .
i own a gmc vandura , wich i converted into a campervan , wich leaves me with a captain chair left over .
i mounted it on an solid foot , now the idea is to make it into a playing seat to get it as sim as can be .
i got a hp9085 laptop , witch got 17 inch widescreen , geforce 7600, 2 gig ram , and runs exelent . it also got a dolby surround output .
currently im building the construction where the lappie stands on , bit tricky couse it has to be able to swing away when needed[for entering the chair]. bfore i went to the shop to pick up a saitek x 52 [see the 'what joystick's best?'tread] but it was sold out for the moment . im also brainstorming where to put the stick , in the center , or on the armrest? . and where to put the trotle device [if i buy the x52[should i ?] ]. on the left armrest , or what ?? and what bout the screen distance ?tell me what you think , and pleaze show yr flying setup and tell whats good or bad about it while flying .regards daswift1 always on the go . . . . .

rnzoli
02-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Sim Pit Builders/Joystick Modder's thread
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/3821084134

for those with itchy fingers to break something... and then build something better out it it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif