PDA

View Full Version : KMH to MPH Conversions...

RWetterholt
02-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Hello all...

I was just wondering. In the name of authenticity, this game was done using all metric measurements as far the small speed/altitude/heading bar in concerned in the lower left hand corner. Is there anyways to change this so that us American users can have it display miles per hour and feet, instead of that metric stuff? Do I have to edit the conf.ini? Does anyone know is there is even a fix for this at all?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

RWetterholt
02-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Hello all...

I was just wondering. In the name of authenticity, this game was done using all metric measurements as far the small speed/altitude/heading bar in concerned in the lower left hand corner. Is there anyways to change this so that us American users can have it display miles per hour and feet, instead of that metric stuff? Do I have to edit the conf.ini? Does anyone know is there is even a fix for this at all?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Chuck_Older
02-09-2005, 03:30 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

In game, press "pause"

Go to "Commands"

Find "change (or is it toggle?) speedbar"

Select a key to bind to it

Now return to the game

press the key you just bound twice

have a nice day

Skycat_2
02-09-2005, 07:31 PM
It's a new feature of Pacific Fighters that retroactively affects the 'merged' installation. But if for some reason you're in the PF forum asking about IL-2, FB or FB/AEP (not merged) then there is no way to change the units of measurment.

Bearcat99
02-09-2005, 10:26 PM
This was one of the many features that users had been asking for since before there were Mustangs in this sim.... can you imagine this sim without Mustangs? Or any sim? I can.... and it was good too!!! (Im a Pony lover from waaay back.. but still....)

indylavi
02-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Yeah, if you have PF or the FB+AEP+PF merged install just set a key to it in the controls. However, bear in mind that the cockpit instruments of the planes will still be in metric unless it is a US made plane. P-51, P-47, P-39 etc... I think the only other one is the Hurricane? Is the Spitfire's and other RAF aircraft instruments in imperial as well? I think it is but not sure I'll have to check.

So even though the red speed bar says 10 feet, your cockpit altimiter will say differently