PDA

View Full Version : Bf-109 Training vid map?

TeufelHund84
06-10-2006, 07:25 AM
I have the complete edition DVD, v4.04, and in the training tracks, the Bf-109 intro is in a beautiful mountain map at what appears to be a pretty high altitude (cloud cover hits the side of the mountains only about halfway up).

Since I'm still fairly new to the game and still learning about engine management, I am looking for a nice map like this one with alot of variation in terrain where I can just tool around and casually fly as I test things out. There are only 5 or so maps that I can use for quick mission builder, each of which about as topographically interesting as watching paint dry. Anyone know where I can get this mountain map or others like it? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, if I open up my directory on my hard drive which holds the training files, there are 3 versions of "engine management", one in English, French, and German. Those would be a big help to noobs like me if they were viewable...?

TeufelHund84
06-10-2006, 07:25 AM
I have the complete edition DVD, v4.04, and in the training tracks, the Bf-109 intro is in a beautiful mountain map at what appears to be a pretty high altitude (cloud cover hits the side of the mountains only about halfway up).

Since I'm still fairly new to the game and still learning about engine management, I am looking for a nice map like this one with alot of variation in terrain where I can just tool around and casually fly as I test things out. There are only 5 or so maps that I can use for quick mission builder, each of which about as topographically interesting as watching paint dry. Anyone know where I can get this mountain map or others like it? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, if I open up my directory on my hard drive which holds the training files, there are 3 versions of "engine management", one in English, French, and German. Those would be a big help to noobs like me if they were viewable...?

Tusseladden
06-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Since you are fairly new, you may want to know that the maps you find under Quick Mission Builder (QMB) are only 5 of the very many different maps. To find them, you must either look around under Multiplayer(click dogfight)\Host\ maps. OR you can open the Full Mission Builder (FMB) and go to the top menu and find "Open map". Then you will get the full IL-2FB\PF map list. Select the wanted map, go to the top menu and find "View objects", then select the plane you wish to fly... click Ctrl+Left mouse button to place the plane where you want it. Then save the mission and click play!

TeufelHund84
06-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it.

foxyboy1964
06-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey TeufelHund, well spotted on the Engine Management files http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif. I've been playing the game for over a year and I didnt know they were there. Now I can have a read and maybe learn something. Cheers.

Bobario
06-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Teufel, you can read the engine management files with Notepad. Just did it myself. Makes interesting reading.

Sordid_Sinister
06-11-2006, 02:42 AM
Yup, very interesting. Now I only need to get one of those fancy multi-level CH throttles so I don't have to tool around on the keyboard.