PDA

View Full Version : Review SP Gameplay Footage Wanted?



Locopells
10-14-2011, 05:01 AM
Ok first of all, read this topic:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/2341036259 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2341036259)

so you know what I'm talking about.

Now - the embargo has long since lifted so I can ask this freely. Can anyone supply higher quality versions of these videos (for example the official ones they got sent)? Plus, going by the review videos, there is at least one more bundle of gameplay footage that got sent out - could this also be posted?

I'm assuming Ubi won't have a problem with this, the embargo has, as I say, now lifted, and the footage is well and truly in the public domain (i.e. they’re not going to lose any money from it, and there’s not anything we can do with it that hasn’t already happened). Plus rather an official version then one cobbled together by someone else, as will surely happen...

So – who can help?

EscoBlades
10-14-2011, 05:21 AM
There are tons of previews (most have video alongside too) that have gone live over the last few days.

Here is mine (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/10/11/preview-assassins-creed-revelations-singleplayer-hands-on/) with video links at the bottom. Most of the big sites all have similar. And all in HD quality.

Locopells
10-14-2011, 09:42 AM
That's not what I'm after (though thanks for the plug anyway). I'm talking about the videos that were leaked showing random bits of SP gameplay. It is from these videos that the gameplay shown in the videos reviews has come from.

I've got those, I was wondering, now the embargo was over whether anyone had got better quality versions of them. Plus as I said, there is some footage in the video reviews that I havn't seen before which makes me think there is a third source video?

dewgel
10-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Esco, I think what he means is, would anyone who had the footage (namely, you, our good friend) be willing to post all of what they recieved? What did you get, an assortment of clips?

Some websites have different clips to others, for example, you've got more including the introduction to Constatinople, whereas the 4players.de leak only had a brief part of that, and as with theirs, you missed out some of the Suleiman / Minstrel scene.

What he's asking is, how much more have you or anyone got, and could you upload it all, if not to a fileshare website, possibly the whole lot onto Youtube?

LightRey
10-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
Esco, I think what he means is, would anyone who had the footage (namely, you, our good friend) be willing to post all of what they recieved? What did you get, an assortment of clips?

Some websites have different clips to others, for example, you've got more including the introduction to Constatinople, whereas the 4players.de leak only had a brief part of that, and as with theirs, you missed out some of the Suleiman / Minstrel scene.

What he's asking is, how much more have you or anyone got, and could you upload it all, if not to a fileshare website, possibly the whole lot onto Youtube?
They got to play a special build. I don't think they got any footage.

dewgel
10-14-2011, 12:24 PM
No you don't understand me Lightrey, Esco and other reviewers were sent a bunch of footage to work with, buy some are showing more than others. I think the OP is just asking if there's anymore or if they can upload the footage so we can see it in hd and any missing footage

LightRey
10-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
No you don't understand me Lightrey, Esco and other reviewers were sent a bunch of footage to work with, buy some are showing more than others. I think the OP is just asking if there's anymore or if they can upload the footage so we can see it in hd and any missing footage
But I don't think they got any footage, just a build to play with.

dex3108
10-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Yes they have got gameplay videos. I have try to find it on internet but i didn't found it. So i chopped one that are online XD I have putted in some order daylight parts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And sorry for mixed audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRldgUfQjKA

Video clips are taken from EscoBlades videos and G4P.

dewgel
10-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:
No you don't understand me Lightrey, Esco and other reviewers were sent a bunch of footage to work with, buy some are showing more than others. I think the OP is just asking if there's anymore or if they can upload the footage so we can see it in hd and any missing footage
But I don't think they got any footage, just a build to play with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did, Esco told us as did Shades that they were invited to a press conference to play it, and sent a pack with screenshots and clips to make their own previews up for when the embargo lifted, as everyones clips are the same.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Yea, they never received a disk with a build to play. They went to a place in San Francisco to play the game and they got a pack of gameplay clips.

I would be interested in seeing them all.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Yea, they never received a disk with a build to play. They went to a place in San Francisco to play the game and they got a pack of gameplay clips.

I would be interested in seeing them all.
Well I never said they received a disk, just that they got to play a build of the game.

dewgel
10-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Yea, they never received a disk with a build to play. They went to a place in San Francisco to play the game and they got a pack of gameplay clips.

I would be interested in seeing them all.
Well I never said they received a disk, just that they got to play a build of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you strongly insinuated it, where did you think they got the clips they used?

Maybe you should word your first post differently, as you said "they were all given a build to play with" lol

LightRey
10-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Yea, they never received a disk with a build to play. They went to a place in San Francisco to play the game and they got a pack of gameplay clips.

I would be interested in seeing them all.
Well I never said they received a disk, just that they got to play a build of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you strongly insinuated it, where did you think they got the clips they used?

Maybe you should word your first post differently, as you said "they were all given a build to play with" lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, I said they got a build to play with, not that it was given to them.

Mr_Shade
10-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Guys...

The footage released is the only official footage.

Any of the other ones that were leaks - were not authorised to be release.

There are aspects of the game, the Development team want to remain a surprise...


Any and all leaks where removed by Ubisoft.

Locopells
10-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks LightRey and dewgel for keeping the topic going, but we're getting off subject. Regardless of how it was supplied, that footage is EXCATLY what I'm after,

Mr_Shade - my point exactly. The footage that was sent out to EscoBlades et al, was meant to be released and presumably spoiler free to make sure the wrong stuff didn't get into the reviews. Therefore this official footage is authorised and can be posted freely and in HQ. I'm not after more leaked stuff, just what you already gave us.

If anyone could oblige?

Locopells
10-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by woodexx:
Yes they have got gameplay videos. I have try to find it on internet but i didn't found it. So i chopped one that are online XD I have putted in some order daylight parts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And sorry for mixed audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRldgUfQjKA

Video clips are taken from EscoBlades videos and G4P.

Thanks for this as well - as I've said above, the offical version of this is what I'm after.

Mr_Shade
10-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Locopells:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woodexx:
Yes they have got gameplay videos. I have try to find it on internet but i didn't found it. So i chopped one that are online XD I have putted in some order daylight parts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And sorry for mixed audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRldgUfQjKA

Video clips are taken from EscoBlades videos and G4P.

Thanks for this as well - as I've said above, the offical version of this is what I'm after. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sorry but it was only given to members of the press.

Locopells
10-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Which is why I'm asking them. They're allowed to put the clips in video reviews we will then see, QED there is no problem with us seeing the clips, even if they have to put a logo in the corner and call it another review.

Mr_Shade
10-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Locopells:
Which is why I'm asking them. They're allowed to put the clips in video reviews we will then see, QED there is no problem with us seeing the clips, even if they have to put a logo in the corner and call it another review. Well if your not happy with the footage already seen as posted by reviewers, you may have to wait to see of the full unedited footage is released.

Locopells
10-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, It's just simpler to have one collection of the footage rather then 10 different reviews all 90% the same, but each with one clip the other's don't have.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Hmm. I don't remember anything in particular extra being in the leaked ones vs the other ones. Actually, just a little bit. You're not missing that much, guys.

Locopells
10-15-2011, 04:53 PM
It's not a question of what we're missing, though I think there might be some. Read my last post.

EscoBlades
10-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Locopells:
Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, It's just simpler to have one collection of the footage rather then 10 different reviews all 90% the same, but each with one clip the other's don't have.

That's the nature of press dealings. For the most part, we get the same footage. Big sites like IGN get some exclusive extras. We have to use the footage we have been given to accompany our reviews/ previews.

In answer to your question, you'll struggle to find any vids with all the footage rolled into one.