PDA

View Full Version : The Old Times



PUNISHER--47
07-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Hello, Im here to talk about something that is worring me about the new release: AC Revelations.
I can still remember the times when you had to plan carefully your assassination, when you had to get close to your prey by blending into the people, and then, kill the target. But now all you have to do is shooting at your enemy, with bullets, arrow, knifes, then running after your target and killing him, I think thats easy.
Tip: Could this assassins creed be like the older times?
You can also do it, this game have amazing grahics, by using fashing lights in the middle of the night, at a party, crawling of soldiers, and moving silently at your prey. Make it more difficult, because its very easy when you can shoot at any soldier in ground, instead of blending into the people to chase down your prey.
I would like to make it more difficult at the time of fighting, Ive seen the demo and, Ive seen an old guy deafeating 5 powerfull soldiers, in less than 30 seconds, thats easy man!
Just try to make it more real, like the older times, please, it would be just great, It would become a great bes seller, believa that, and you could also put into, that amazing "running after explosions scenes" on the oneīs you are expert.
So, to the Assassins Creed Comunity, what to you think?

kriegerdesgottes
07-10-2011, 01:08 PM
I have heard this argument many times about there not being enough stealth or oh it's too easy and I'm sorry but it doesn't hold any real weight. Yes It can be easy to take out your victim but it doesn't have to be. The great thing about the AC games is you can approach the subject anyway you want. If you want to use the crowds and make things more difficult for yourself go for it. No one is stopping you. Sure you can use your crossbow or knives and some people LIKE to play aggressively. But the game doesn't restrict you from playing stealthily at all. In fact, in the side missions of brotherhood, the game literally forces you to play stealthily or else you have to start all the way back from the beginning which goes against the AC franchise. So people who like to play aggressively and just kill everyone and have that badass feeling are screwed and yet there are still people who come in and complain about some lack of stealth.

Inorganic9_2
07-10-2011, 03:17 PM
This has been brought up many times, so hopefully ubi have taken notice. Assassinations do not need to be harder, they just need to have more freedom. Carlo Grimaldi, for example, had absolutely no freedom at all. The Banker had a bit more (except for the 100% synch part...)

LightRey
07-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I have heard this argument many times about there not being enough stealth or oh it's too easy and I'm sorry but it doesn't hold any real weight. Yes It can be easy to take out your victim but it doesn't have to be. The great thing about the AC games is you can approach the subject anyway you want. If you want to use the crowds and make things more difficult for yourself go for it. No one is stopping you. Sure you can use your crossbow or knives and some people LIKE to play aggressively. But the game doesn't restrict you from playing stealthily at all. In fact, in the side missions of brotherhood, the game literally forces you to play stealthily or else you have to start all the way back from the beginning which goes against the AC franchise. So people who like to play aggressively and just kill everyone and have that badass feeling are screwed and yet there are still people who come in and complain about some lack of stealth.

I agree. You can very well be stealthy if you want to be. If you really don't like randomly running after the target and shooting at him with a gun or crossbow then you can just not do it. I don't.

Jexx21
07-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
This has been brought up many times, so hopefully ubi have taken notice. Assassinations do not need to be harder, they just need to have more freedom. Carlo Grimaldi, for example, had absolutely no freedom at all. The Banker had a bit more (except for the 100% synch part...)

is Carlo Grimaldi the guy that was on the boat and you were suggested to shoot him?

because I ran up to the boat, used a smoke bomb, and stabbed him in the neck with my hidden blade.

LightRey
07-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
This has been brought up many times, so hopefully ubi have taken notice. Assassinations do not need to be harder, they just need to have more freedom. Carlo Grimaldi, for example, had absolutely no freedom at all. The Banker had a bit more (except for the 100% synch part...)

is Carlo Grimaldi the guy that was on the boat and you were suggested to shoot him?

because I ran up to the boat, used a smoke bomb, and stabbed him in the neck with my hidden blade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations! You win the internet!
http://you-win-the-internet.com/?n=Jexx21
(I hope this is one internet meme they do allow)

dchil279
07-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
This has been brought up many times, so hopefully ubi have taken notice. Assassinations do not need to be harder, they just need to have more freedom. Carlo Grimaldi, for example, had absolutely no freedom at all. The Banker had a bit more (except for the 100% synch part...)

is Carlo Grimaldi the guy that was on the boat and you were suggested to shoot him?

because I ran up to the boat, used a smoke bomb, and stabbed him in the neck with my hidden blade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No that's Marco Barbarigo, Carlo is the one that you use the flying machine to stop him from killing the doge but you are too late, yadah yaddah yaddah

ghostferret
07-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I am struck over and over again with the irony of the postings I see about the difficulty and freedom of the AC games. It seems that the same people who want freedom to plan their own assassinations also want a game that is hard-wired to be more difficult. Do you want freedom or control? Are you an Assassin or a Templar?

sassinscreed
07-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by PUNISHER--47:
Hello, Im here to talk about something that is worring me about the new release: AC Revelations.
I can still remember the times when you had to plan carefully your assassination, when you had to get close to your prey by blending into the people, and then, kill the target. But now all you have to do is shooting at your enemy, with bullets, arrow, knifes, then running after your target and killing him, I think thats easy.
Tip: Could this assassins creed be like the older times?


here is solution for you: don't use ranged weapons to kill targets, use your hidden blade because you aren't forced to kill them with ranged weapons it's just an option

if you want you can play it stealthy and if you don't you can just go there and kill everyone together with target for people who like it that way but you can chose how you play so why does option which you aren't forced to use bothers you?

blazefp
07-11-2011, 03:49 AM
Ok this may seem odd but i agree with both reasons of having freedom and make the game more difficult.
Yes you can play it in a way so that you make it more difficult but that's still too easy for me. I've finished the game 100% sync almost without having to restart any mission (apart from the tank mission that was pretty f***** up). Even in the worst difficulty you can imagine is still too easy

sassinscreed
07-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
Ok this may seem odd but i agree with both reasons of having freedom and make the game more difficult.
Yes you can play it in a way so that you make it more difficult but that's still too easy for me. I've finished the game 100% sync almost without having to restart any mission (apart from the tank mission that was pretty f***** up). Even in the worst difficulty you can imagine is still too easy

if you enjoy to die 10 times before completing every missions this isn't game for you

LightRey
07-11-2011, 06:47 AM
the thing is though. I think the game is made in such a way that basically anyone can have the sense that they are a professional, well, assassin. that means that in principle you should be able to play the game without dying that many times or you lose that sense of professionalism.

blazefp
07-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
Ok this may seem odd but i agree with both reasons of having freedom and make the game more difficult.
Yes you can play it in a way so that you make it more difficult but that's still too easy for me. I've finished the game 100% sync almost without having to restart any mission (apart from the tank mission that was pretty f***** up). Even in the worst difficulty you can imagine is still too easy


if you enjoy to die 10 times before completing every missions this isn't game for you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I enjoy having at least some challenge. In ac1 that was good only had that problem of taking 2 hours to take out more than 5 guards

dxsxhxcx
07-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
Ok this may seem odd but i agree with both reasons of having freedom and make the game more difficult.
Yes you can play it in a way so that you make it more difficult but that's still too easy for me. I've finished the game 100% sync almost without having to restart any mission (apart from the tank mission that was pretty f***** up). Even in the worst difficulty you can imagine is still too easy

if you enjoy to die 10 times before completing every missions this isn't game for you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


die 10 times (or more) in ACB is so hard that should be considered an achievement... :P

PUNISHER--47
07-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks to everybody man! I hadnīt thought that ACB could be played in a stealth mode, but, there are some things we could take from the AC 1 game:
-The Assassination Place: In ACB, I loved the place taken while chasing the banker, at middle of night, crowd shouting everywhere, soldiers at all the roofs. Places more difficult, and exciting for ones playing at stealth mode. (Because every scene, for the oneīs playing agressive, its easy)
-The Mission: The current missions could give a little of information, about the final target, so we could know after what we are going on.
For the ones playing stealth, this it a great game, it would be greatest playing whith these steps.
Sorry if I spelled something wrong, Im Chilean.