PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the A-20?



DIRTY-MAC
10-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Personally I think it rocks big time!
fast manouvreble and have great guns and ammo loadouts.
and it is a real B-25 killer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

WereSnowleopard
10-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Lot of us would like to try but have to wait to get hand on PF first then will know next week. That's one I have it in my mind to try it in campaign.

Regards
Snowleopard

Future-
10-27-2004, 04:41 PM
The Havoc... good assault plane. Excellent forward weaponry, durable, defensive weapons, slightly faster than the B-25, capable of carrying a torpedo...

It's only problem is it's maneuverability, and the lack of a bombsight.

S!

Buzzer1
10-27-2004, 04:45 PM
I really like it.
But anyone else noticed there are no torque effects if you turn off one of the engines?
Tried knocking off nr1 engine - and was ready with counter rudder and ailrone - but nothing happened. The torque and gyro effects in realism was (of course) on...
Is this the same in other multi-engine A/C as well?
A bit disappointing imho - was hoping to have to struggle a bit to stay up - like if one engine is knocked out etc.

DIRTY-MAC
10-27-2004, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Future-:
The Havoc... good assault plane. Excellent forward weaponry, durable, defensive weapons, slightly faster than the B-25, capable of carrying a torpedo...

It's only problem is it's maneuverability,

I can tell you that it will out manouvre a B-25
withought any problem.
I was online a couple of days ago,
killing B-25s after B-25s plus F4Us
+ it can take quite a beating.
It is absolutely one of my favourites

the thing with shutting down an engine withought to correct the rudder sounds like a bug.

anybody wanna post any PF pics of A-20s in action?

BSR_RuGGBuTT
10-27-2004, 05:39 PM
I shot down 2 Zekes set on veteran in the quick mission launcher yesterday. I love the forward firepower and the fact that my crew has my back. It maneuvers pretty good for a 2 engine jobby. I wish you had to open the bay doors first before you dropped your ordnance though.

Fritzofn
10-27-2004, 05:46 PM
great plane....if only te tail gunner would stop killing my **** elevator :P

rear gunner (top) gives lousy protection if a plane is right on the 6, and u cant use the rudder enough to let the gunner get a clear shot, so i bet there will have to be a acrobatic manuver to get the gunner to fire :P

deathhamster
10-27-2004, 05:46 PM
I love it its a great little attack plane, although its bomb load is a little on the light side for me (i'm sure i read somewhere it had a capacity similar to that of the He111 ie about 2-3000kg). its a shame the campaign for the A-20 is so short.

Has anyone noticed how the starboard (right i think) propellor wobbles and the left doesn't staring at it for a long time makes me kinda dizzy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

Roast
10-27-2004, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deathhamster:

Has anyone noticed how the starboard (right i think) propellor wobbles and the left doesn't staring at it for a long time makes me kinda dizzy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I noticed the wobbly prop; very odd, so I hope that they can fix that detail.
Pity about the bombs that if you choose the parafrag bombs, they don't work [bug]. I tried it out the other day and, zip, nothing happened. The B-25, on the other hand, has working parafrag bombs.

Roast

BSR_RuGGBuTT
10-27-2004, 06:04 PM
I noticed that too, w/the parafrags and the Havok.

NegativeGee
10-27-2004, 06:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BSR_RuGGBuTT:
I noticed that too, w/the parafrags and the Havok. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are there, but hidden under the 2x100lb bomb load option.

Philipscdrw
10-27-2004, 06:16 PM
And if you want 100lb bombs, then you must select Parafrags.

rodion_zero
10-27-2004, 07:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DIRTY-MAC:

anybody wanna post any PF pics of A-20s in action? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, not really an "in-action" shot, but just showing a custom noseart I made two days ago. I forgot I had a stash of Luis Vargas pinups, and now that PF is available, it's time to finally use them appropriately HEHEHEHE

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/rodsky/rods_a20_002.jpg

-RODION

Tater-SW-
10-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Il2skins should add a nose art section for those.

tater

Copperhead310th
10-27-2004, 10:20 PM
could some one post a pic of para frags in action please? i havent seen them yet. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
then again gamestop and ubi both suck a monkyes but. which is why i havn't seen them yet.

Charlie901
10-27-2004, 10:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buzzer1:
I really like it.
But anyone else noticed there are no torque effects if you turn off one of the engines?
Tried knocking off nr1 engine - and was ready with counter rudder and ailrone - but nothing happened. The torque and gyro effects in realism was (of course) on...
Is this the same in other multi-engine A/C as well?
A bit disappointing imho - was hoping to have to struggle a bit to stay up - like if one engine is knocked out etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


GOOD QUESTION?

Is this a limit of the IL2 game engine or is this the way it is in Real Life?

Anybody know?