PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns missing, and errors loading missions

dravisar
02-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Everythings been great for almost 2 years. I recently wiped my machine, reinstalled everything, and fired up IL2, and everythings been fine for a few months. But today, I started a P51 campaign in the pacific, got one mission in (with 5 kills on full difficulty no less!) finished the mission, hit apply, and was promoted and got a medal. I was then able to lower my fuel load, and loaded the 2nd mission up. It got to 30% (loading aircraft), and then crashed, saying "error loading mission: null".

So I went into my campaign.ini file in the US campaign folder, and took out the successful mission, hoping to start over, and it worked...I started from the beginning again. I ended up just deleting that campaign, and closed the game down.

I just ran IL2 again, and whoah, every one of my complete campaigns is missing, including a 100 mission BF109G6 Finn campaign I was incredibly proud of completing!

What the heck? none of my campaigns are around anymore...what gives?

dravisar
02-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Everythings been great for almost 2 years. I recently wiped my machine, reinstalled everything, and fired up IL2, and everythings been fine for a few months. But today, I started a P51 campaign in the pacific, got one mission in (with 5 kills on full difficulty no less!) finished the mission, hit apply, and was promoted and got a medal. I was then able to lower my fuel load, and loaded the 2nd mission up. It got to 30% (loading aircraft), and then crashed, saying "error loading mission: null".

So I went into my campaign.ini file in the US campaign folder, and took out the successful mission, hoping to start over, and it worked...I started from the beginning again. I ended up just deleting that campaign, and closed the game down.

I just ran IL2 again, and whoah, every one of my complete campaigns is missing, including a 100 mission BF109G6 Finn campaign I was incredibly proud of completing!

What the heck? none of my campaigns are around anymore...what gives?

Saunders1953
02-05-2006, 09:31 AM
I've lost all my campaigns twice now, until I fogured out that anytime you go into a campaign folder and mess with a campaign, you lose all your active and completed campaigns. I think there may be a way to retrieve them--there was a thread or two within the last 6 months or so that discusses this.

Browning50cal
02-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Always back up your campaigns on CD.

B50

Kuna15
02-06-2006, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Browning50cal:
Always back up your campaigns on CD.

B50 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best advice.

+1 100%.

I always back up my campaign on HD every 10th mission so no nasty surpises. In a case anyone wonders how to back it up, copy Users and Missions folder to a safe place.

**IMPORTANT**
- In a need of back up (ie if something goes wrong with campaign) first delete Users and Missions folder then paste your previously saved files.
- It is important that you always back up Users and Missions folder together because your current campaign encrypts data in Users folder after every mission you fly.

dravisar
02-06-2006, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saunders1953:
I've lost all my campaigns twice now, until I fogured out that anytime you go into a campaign folder and mess with a campaign, you lose all your active and completed campaigns. I think there may be a way to retrieve them--there was a thread or two within the last 6 months or so that discusses this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That explains it. Thanks guys...weird that it deletes them all, eh? probably a bug.

fly_zo
02-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Don't delete(or rename it) any active( or finished) campaign from your folder untill you delete it from game campaigns menu.

took me few lost campaigns untill i figured it out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif