PDA

View Full Version : Altair and the memory storing devices.[spoliers]



worsecuve
08-19-2011, 02:34 PM
we all know that Altair stored his memorys in these keys to the library and that ezio relives them. I heard somewhere online months ago that in a interview with someone form ubisoft that ezio will be reliving altair reliving a memory of adam and or eve. Don`t know if its true but that would answer lots of Qs.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by worsecuve:
we all know that Altair stored his memorys in these keys to the library and that ezio relives them. I heard somewhere online months ago that in a interview with someone form ubisoft that ezio will be reliving altair reliving a memory of adam and or eve. Don`t know if its true but that would answer lots of Qs.
And probably give us many more questions in return, but I like it that way. :P

Mikatsuki95
08-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Whoa whoa there pal, if that's true then I would love for someone to post a link to that interview, or at least give a name of who was being interviewed. Cuz that's some seriously good info if its true

LightRey
08-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
Whoa whoa there pal, if that's true then I would love for someone to post a link to that interview, or at least give a name of who was being interviewed. Cuz that's some seriously good info if its true
I do think I remember something similar, though I can't be sure.
What we do know is that the disks are basically sixth sense recording devices, which I think is very interesting.

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
Whoa whoa there pal, if that's true then I would love for someone to post a link to that interview, or at least give a name of who was being interviewed. Cuz that's some seriously good info if its true
I do think I remember something similar, though I can't be sure.
What we do know is that the disks are basically sixth sense recording devices, which I think is very interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah they were basically just used by TWCB to archive memories.

Though I don't remember it ever being mentioned that Adam and Eve had them. I don't how they would've got one seeing as TWCB would probably have kept them far from any humans.

I still think it could probably be Minerva or another one trying to show Desmond something or give him another message like in AC2. Or seeing as Altair managed to find some it could be him that sees a memory that was stored from TWCB.

Jexx21
08-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Desmond is living in Ezio's body as he lives in Altiar's body as he lives in Adam's body who is getting talked to by his TWCB mother/father.

E-Zekiel
08-19-2011, 04:35 PM
I think this is kind of a lame device for reliving AltaÔr's memories, honestly. I figured Ezio was gonna sort of live through them genetically or however you would put that. Alas. Glad to be playing AltaÔr again either way.

Jexx21
08-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I think this is kind of a lame device for reliving AltaÔr's memories, honestly. I figured Ezio was gonna sort of live through them genetically or however you would put that. Alas. Glad to be playing AltaÔr again either way.

Ezio is not related to Altiar. And this is probably a better device so that he can relive memories past the beginning of his last child.

E-Zekiel
08-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I think this is kind of a lame device for reliving AltaÔr's memories, honestly. I figured Ezio was gonna sort of live through them genetically or however you would put that. Alas. Glad to be playing AltaÔr again either way.

Ezio is not related to Altiar. And this is probably a better device so that he can relive memories past the beginning of his last child. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know he isn't. I thought that was a lame plot development leading to a lamer device for telling more of AltaÔr's story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LightRey
08-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I think this is kind of a lame device for reliving AltaÔr's memories, honestly. I figured Ezio was gonna sort of live through them genetically or however you would put that. Alas. Glad to be playing AltaÔr again either way.

Ezio is not related to Altiar. And this is probably a better device so that he can relive memories past the beginning of his last child. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know he isn't. I thought that was a lame plot development leading to a lamer device for telling more of AltaÔr's story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think the device makes perfect sense. There are actually so many PoE's around I'm surprised we haven't heard of anything like them before.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I think this is kind of a lame device for reliving AltaÔr's memories, honestly. I figured Ezio was gonna sort of live through them genetically or however you would put that. Alas. Glad to be playing AltaÔr again either way.

Ezio is not related to Altiar. And this is probably a better device so that he can relive memories past the beginning of his last child. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know he isn't. I thought that was a lame plot development leading to a lamer device for telling more of AltaÔr's story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it any more lame than a special science chair or a mind controlling metal ball?

E-Zekiel
08-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Because I think it would be more interesting for Ezio to experience these things as if it were a lost and replayed memory than somebody else's thing - as one of his own ancestors. I feel that it just kind being put into a device and left somewhere is lame in comparison to some kind of personal achievement met through whatever means brought it out. Maybe he could light up. I don't know or really care how they brought it out, I just don't like the way they ended up doing it.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Because I think it would be more interesting for Ezio to experience these things as if it were a lost and replayed memory than somebody else's thing - as one of his own ancestors. I feel that it just kind being put into a device and left somewhere is lame in comparison to some kind of personal achievement met through whatever means brought it out. Maybe he could light up. I don't know or really care how they brought it out, I just don't like the way they ended up doing it.
It wasn't just left somewhere. If you read the secret crusade, the Apple of Eden guided him to the seals, and told him to hide them in Constantinople. And he knew that someday, someone would find them and be able to use them. but he didn't know who. There is a definate purpose to Ezio seeing all these memories. It has to do with the nexus, I'd imagine.

RzaRecta357
08-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Because I think it would be more interesting for Ezio to experience these things as if it were a lost and replayed memory than somebody else's thing - as one of his own ancestors. I feel that it just kind being put into a device and left somewhere is lame in comparison to some kind of personal achievement met through whatever means brought it out. Maybe he could light up. I don't know or really care how they brought it out, I just don't like the way they ended up doing it.
It wasn't just left somewhere. If you read the secret crusade, the Apple of Eden guided him to the seals, and told him to hide them in Constantinople. And he knew that someday, someone would find them and be able to use them. but he didn't know who. There is a definate purpose to Ezio seeing all these memories. It has to do with the nexus, I'd imagine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


Just like to point out, he doesn't know if they ever make it because he gives them to Niccolo and Maffeo Polo and they take it to Constinople and hide it, feeling shamed that they lost the codex to mongols along the route.

twenty_glyphs
08-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Also, AltaÔr didn't even know where the keys would end up. He just gave the Codex and seals to the Polos. He told them to keep the seals safe or hide them, but not where. He seems to expect them to actually use the Codex to help them, so the fact that it ended up going to Mongolia, back to Italy, then split up into pieces collected by Ezio was not planned by AltaÔr. It's possible the Apple was suggesting that he send the stuff with the Polos because it knew the path they would take, as well as their connection to Italy.

Blind2Society
08-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
I don't how they would've got one seeing as TWCB would probably have kept them far from any humans.
Kind of like they did with the AoEs? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif


Originally posted by Calvarok:
How is it any more lame than a special science chair or a mind controlling metal ball?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif That made me laugh like a little school child. Special science chair http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Adzy84
08-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Just a thought... Iíve been reading a lot about Altair, Ezio, Subject 16 and Desmond.

Now Iíve just recently finished AC2 and am now in the middle of AC:B. Iíve almost completed the clusters and I really think that there is a huge link between Subject 16 and Altair. My reason for thinking this are the codex pages from AC2 and the clusters from AC:B. I think that Subject 16 could be Altair...

Iíll try to explain why: In the codex pages Altair wrote that he was afraid of death as he thought that there was only darkness after life. Altair tries to find a way to delay death by using the apple and after this little to none is known on what happened to him.
Now imagine... what if Altair found a way to save all this memories and his soul in the apple itself. In the hope that he would never have to die and would live on like this till the point that someone found a way to get him out.

Altair (by using the apple) created triggers in the codex pages, which explains Ezio reliving Altairs memories. Now when Subjet 16 was put into the animus Altair started to take over the body of Subject 16 (through the bleeding effect) which made Subject 16 insane as subject 16 and Altairís memories started clashing and subject 16 got crazy and killed himself as he didnít know anymore who he was... was he subject 16 or Altair... You can see this also happening to Desmond as he thinks that he is Ezio sometimes.

Also the clusters in AC:B could hint to Altair as the womanís voice in the clusters constantly speaks about being scared of death and darkness and of being left alone. Especially when Subject 16 says to Desmond ďfind me in the darknessĒ and thats exactly where Altair is...

I think that in AC:R Ezio could be revealing that Altair is trapped inside the Apple and is trying to help Ezio in his quest (that explains why Ezio is reliving Altairís memories) and later Altair tries the same with Subject 16 but the thing that happens to Subject 16 is that Altairís memories start taking over through the bleeding effect which results on Subject 16 going crazy and killing himself... Now that Desmond is using the animus Altair in form of Subject 16 (as both memories, the one from Subject 16 and Altair are now blended) is trying to help Desmond. And also trying to find a way to escape the DNA and go back to the real life.. (the sun... your son.. too weak??? Reference?)

Altair wants to use Desmonds bloodline to come back to the real world?

Now some may say that Subject 16 has Ezioís memories but we are not sure that he ONLY has Ezioís memories... he could also have visited Altairís memories.

I know itís a long shot but both Subject 16 and Altair where afraid of the darkness and death.. Altair tried to delay or avoid it and could have used the apple to save all his memories so that one day he could live again using someone else memories by transferring himself through the bleeding effect.

What do you guys think... would this actually make any sense in the AC universe?

Assassin_M
08-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Adzy84:
Just a thought... Iíve been reading a lot about Altair, Ezio, Subject 16 and Desmond.

Now Iíve just recently finished AC2 and am now in the middle of AC:B. Iíve almost completed the clusters and I really think that there is a huge link between Subject 16 and Altair. My reason for thinking this are the codex pages from AC2 and the clusters from AC:B. I think that Subject 16 could be Altair...

Iíll try to explain why: In the codex pages Altair wrote that he was afraid of death as he thought that there was only darkness after life. Altair tries to find a way to delay death by using the apple and after this little to none is known on what happened to him.
Now imagine... what if Altair found a way to save all this memories and his soul in the apple itself. In the hope that he would never have to die and would live on like this till the point that someone found a way to get him out.

Altair (by using the apple) created triggers in the codex pages, which explains Ezio reliving Altairs memories. Now when Subjet 16 was put into the animus Altair started to take over the body of Subject 16 (through the bleeding effect) which made Subject 16 insane as subject 16 and Altairís memories started clashing and subject 16 got crazy and killed himself as he didnít know anymore who he was... was he subject 16 or Altair... You can see this also happening to Desmond as he thinks that he is Ezio sometimes.

Also the clusters in AC:B could hint to Altair as the womanís voice in the clusters constantly speaks about being scared of death and darkness and of being left alone. Especially when Subject 16 says to Desmond ďfind me in the darknessĒ and thats exactly where Altair is...

I think that in AC:R Ezio could be revealing that Altair is trapped inside the Apple and is trying to help Ezio in his quest (that explains why Ezio is reliving Altairís memories) and later Altair tries the same with Subject 16 but the thing that happens to Subject 16 is that Altairís memories start taking over through the bleeding effect which results on Subject 16 going crazy and killing himself... Now that Desmond is using the animus Altair in form of Subject 16 (as both memories, the one from Subject 16 and Altair are now blended) is trying to help Desmond. And also trying to find a way to escape the DNA and go back to the real life.. (the sun... your son.. too weak??? Reference?)

Altair wants to use Desmonds bloodline to come back to the real world?

Now some may say that Subject 16 has Ezioís memories but we are not sure that he ONLY has Ezioís memories... he could also have visited Altairís memories.

I know itís a long shot but both Subject 16 and Altair where afraid of the darkness and death.. Altair tried to delay or avoid it and could have used the apple to save all his memories so that one day he could live again using someone else memories by transferring himself through the bleeding effect.

What do you guys think... would this actually make any sense in the AC universe?
Creative but NO WAY, Ezio is reliving the memories of Altair by using the Seals, not triggers in the codex pages because they were lost and not by using the Apple of Eden because he locked it away, and really Altair trapped in the Apple??? come on, there is a bigger picture to all of this than Altair being trapped in the Apple and trying to get out, sorry but that made me Laugh real hard, no offense to your theory of course.

LightRey
08-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adzy84:
Just a thought... Iíve been reading a lot about Altair, Ezio, Subject 16 and Desmond.

Now Iíve just recently finished AC2 and am now in the middle of AC:B. Iíve almost completed the clusters and I really think that there is a huge link between Subject 16 and Altair. My reason for thinking this are the codex pages from AC2 and the clusters from AC:B. I think that Subject 16 could be Altair...

Iíll try to explain why: In the codex pages Altair wrote that he was afraid of death as he thought that there was only darkness after life. Altair tries to find a way to delay death by using the apple and after this little to none is known on what happened to him.
Now imagine... what if Altair found a way to save all this memories and his soul in the apple itself. In the hope that he would never have to die and would live on like this till the point that someone found a way to get him out.

Altair (by using the apple) created triggers in the codex pages, which explains Ezio reliving Altairs memories. Now when Subjet 16 was put into the animus Altair started to take over the body of Subject 16 (through the bleeding effect) which made Subject 16 insane as subject 16 and Altairís memories started clashing and subject 16 got crazy and killed himself as he didnít know anymore who he was... was he subject 16 or Altair... You can see this also happening to Desmond as he thinks that he is Ezio sometimes.

Also the clusters in AC:B could hint to Altair as the womanís voice in the clusters constantly speaks about being scared of death and darkness and of being left alone. Especially when Subject 16 says to Desmond ďfind me in the darknessĒ and thats exactly where Altair is...

I think that in AC:R Ezio could be revealing that Altair is trapped inside the Apple and is trying to help Ezio in his quest (that explains why Ezio is reliving Altairís memories) and later Altair tries the same with Subject 16 but the thing that happens to Subject 16 is that Altairís memories start taking over through the bleeding effect which results on Subject 16 going crazy and killing himself... Now that Desmond is using the animus Altair in form of Subject 16 (as both memories, the one from Subject 16 and Altair are now blended) is trying to help Desmond. And also trying to find a way to escape the DNA and go back to the real life.. (the sun... your son.. too weak??? Reference?)

Altair wants to use Desmonds bloodline to come back to the real world?

Now some may say that Subject 16 has Ezioís memories but we are not sure that he ONLY has Ezioís memories... he could also have visited Altairís memories.

I know itís a long shot but both Subject 16 and Altair where afraid of the darkness and death.. Altair tried to delay or avoid it and could have used the apple to save all his memories so that one day he could live again using someone else memories by transferring himself through the bleeding effect.

What do you guys think... would this actually make any sense in the AC universe?
Creative but NO WAY, Ezio is reliving the memories of Altair by using the Seals, not triggers in the codex pages because they were lost and not by using the Apple of Eden because he locked it away, and really Altair trapped in the Apple??? come on, there is a bigger picture to all of this than Altair being trapped in the Apple and trying to get out, sorry but that made me Laugh real hard, no offense to your theory of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This. This.

Adzy84
08-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Well the one who came before managed to save their holograms and Juno apparently is still in conrol as she forced Desmond to stab Lucy so there could be a way that Altair managed to make a digital copy of his memories and saved it somehow in the codex. This off course must have happened after he was done writing the codex ...

Also Altair dedicated the rest of his life to study the apple so maybe he found a way

LightRey
08-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Adzy84:
Well the one who came before managed to save their holograms and Juno apparently is still in conrol as she forced Desmond to stab Lucy so there could be a way that Altair managed to make a digital copy of his memories and saved it somehow in the codex. This off course must have happened after he was done writing the codex ...

Also Altair dedicated the rest of his life to study the apple so maybe he found a way
We already know that they weren't saved in the codex. The seals are sixth sense recording devices.

Adzy84
08-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Aahh ok so in that case no way my theory could work, thanks!

LightRey
08-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Adzy84:
Aahh ok so in that case no way my theory could work, thanks!
No problem. As said before it was very creative, so good work on that :P

Assassin_M
08-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adzy84:
Aahh ok so in that case no way my theory could work, thanks!
No problem. As said before it was very creative, so good work on that :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I`d like to give you my praise as well, btw you and I have a mutual agreement on the Altair Hologram Theory http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Will_Lucky
08-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Hmm, these memory storage devices sound a lot like a primative form of the Animus.

I do wonder if Abstergo take ownership of them at a later date and eventually develop them into what we now know as the Animus the only difference being the Animus is capable of assessing the memories of ancestors as opposed to just the memories a individual stores within. I do believe a Templar will take ownership of these memory devices, wait in fact the original basis of this thread was Altair relives a memory of Adam/Eve. What if the Templars gain control of that memory device given the fact Subject 16 hides the Truth video in AC2? The Templars then use that and develop it into the Animus we see in game.

RzaRecta357
08-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Altair was weary and old. He couldn't even fight off two bandits trying to rob a man.

Then he lived two more years and disband the assassins.

After doing that he sent the stuff with the polos AS the Mongols were attacking.

Now why would they leave his fate untold in the book when the mongols were knocking at the door?

Well, they said we would have an emotional moment in this game. Sound like Altair being killed by mongols for dramatic effect?

We know Ezio lives...because he has a movie explaining his fate after the game.

Calvarok
08-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Altair was weary and old. He couldn't even fight off two bandits trying to rob a man.

Then he lived two more years and disband the assassins.

After doing that he sent the stuff with the polos AS the Mongols were attacking.

Now why would they leave his fate untold in the book when the mongols were knocking at the door?

Well, they said we would have an emotional moment in this game. Sound like Altair being killed by mongols for dramatic effect?

We know Ezio lives...because he has a movie explaining his fate after the game.
Problem is, Altair sent the seals away before the Mongols attacked. So he'd already recorded everything in them.

Altair was bad at fighting those bandits because of his long journey across the desert, and not fighting for 20 years.

After he took the order back, he stepped up others training, and began to train again himself. Until 10 years later he was able to lead his troops into battle (although he obviously took a less active role). He was 90 and still amazing!