PDA

View Full Version : False Advertising?

oOAltairOo
06-24-2011, 01:59 AM
So there is some stuff and game features that the developers talk about before the release of the game, in on E3 etc.

For example telling us that there will be a crossbow in the game, when it actually isn't.
Or showing an armor setup that isn't in the game when i buy it.

Isn't that false advertising then?

i mean, it's sort of like telling me i'll get 6 seats in a car i want to buy, but when i do, there's only 5 seats (!)

ProletariatPleb
06-24-2011, 02:05 AM
and which game are we talking about?

The only game where crossbow was shown and not featured was AC1.

Eric_490
06-24-2011, 02:09 AM
No it would be false advertising if they released the game and then said it was about assassins and DNA in commercials and on the box, but then when you buy it and put the disc in its a game about rabbits that kill storm troopers in an alternate dimension populated by clones of Oprah.

They can change small things like matching vambraces or remove a few levels. They are games and that doesn't matter or have any legal standing.

If they were a company that advertised cheese but sold moldy potatoes in cheese shaped packages marked yummy cheese, that would be false advertising.

Removing a few minor gameplay elements, pieces of armor, or levels.

No, its not false advertising.

BioPulse.ps3
06-24-2011, 02:57 AM
any thing the developers say before the game goes gold master is subject to change and there nothing binding them from doing so...

do you have a specific example to tell us or are you just making a general point?

Sun.Tzu.GE
06-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Developers always talk about things and end up releasing the game without them.Either they found out that it didn't work well with the general flow of the game or they just couldn't pull it off. One example of when i was disappointed by false advertising is the Kinect.They showed amazing features in the trailer before e3 2010 and then i found out that it's nothing that i expected it to be ...

OFF TOPIC : BioPulse.ps3 ,Nice signature banner

sassinscreed
06-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by oOAltairOo:
So there is some stuff and game features that the developers talk about before the release of the game, in on E3 etc.

For example telling us that there will be a crossbow in the game, when it actually isn't.
Or showing an armor setup that isn't in the game when i buy it.

Isn't that false advertising then?

i mean, it's sort of like telling me i'll get 6 seats in a car i want to buy, but when i do, there's only 5 seats (!)

trailers are there to show us what kind of game it is before it comes out doesn't really have to be part of game