PDA

View Full Version : Will IL-2 Complete Edition run on new Windows Vista?

drsmith
09-28-2006, 11:26 AM
I have IL-2 Complete Edition installed and running real well on Windows XP Home Edition. I am prepared to install the new Windows Vista edition. The PC configuration on the IL-2 Complete Edition Box states "Operating system: Windows 98/ME/XP/2000". Some of my game boxes state "Windows 2000 XP (Only)".

Bottom Line: If I install Windows Vista, can I expect IL-2 Complete Edition and my other games to run properly..or at least as good as they now run on Windows XP 2000? The "Windows 2000 XP (Only)" bit concerns me.

I have a new rig that I think can handle everything...but am not sure of the change from Windows 2000 XP to Windows Vista.

Any information will be appreciated.

BrewsterPilot
09-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Vista has been made so that old games can run on it, so yes, it will work.

But beware, however strong your rig may be, Vista will be a complete resource hog. It is unbelievable how much it takes away from your rig's performance!!!

Willey
09-28-2006, 11:59 AM
I tried 4.05 on the RC1 - it does work, although I had a very sluggy mouse pointer... reason is the missing OGL driver, and the Beta ATI drivers won't work for me. Haven't tried DX, but I'm sure it would work. Could start the Dark Messiah Demo and TES: Morrowind with no problems.

Abbuzze
09-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Yes the specifications for vista are impressive!

-1 Ghz
-1 GB RAM
-40 GB HD
-DirectX 9 Graphiccard with 128MB for higher resolutions - 256MB needed

With this you can use the Aero GUI.

Not bad if you run your PC as a better typewriter. And if you like to play older games, you can imagine what this means...

I would like a fast and lean OS, but MS have different things in Mind.

-HH-Quazi
09-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Well, if BoB is going to be supported by XP, I see myself running it as long as some have run Windows 98. It is ridiculous the requirements of Vista. 1GB RAM?!! BS! Not me. The cost of Vista plus having to purchase another GB of memory? Nah, don't think so.