PDA

View Full Version : Free roaming Perfect Dark style......

Real720
03-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Perfect Dark was, and is still one of the best shooters out there. One of the cool features found in Perfect Dark was its unique free roaming system. When you first turn on the game, the main character starts out in a room of an institute. You are able to go to other rooms/offices to screw around with gadgets, look up information, etc....... And also, you are able to go to a firing range to practice your aim.

It'd be so fantastic for Rainbow Six: Vegas to have this kind of feature. After all, team Rainbow does start out in a headquarter for briefing information before jumping right into a mission.........

drunkrepublican
03-08-2006, 08:57 PM
It'll probably have free-roaming similar to GRAW

GRAW=Whole game takes place in Mexico City
R6V=Entire game takes place in Las Vegas

Edit:
Roaming around Rainbow's HQ would be pretty badass though...

TH3Hammer
03-09-2006, 01:07 AM
Edit:
Roaming around Rainbow's HQ would be pretty badass though...

That has always been a cool idea to me. In the beginning of Half-Life, it was fun to walk around the Black Mesa facility and just look around and talk to people. It was cool to walk around the ship in Quake 4. I just like having a "safe zone," to check out, re-equip, whatever, I guess.

Ghost Dog 3
03-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Free roaming is nice but not too much.I don't want to get lost in Rainbow Six lol and not like GRecon since its too big for a Rainbow game.