PDA

View Full Version : Developping FB after BoB released?

ojcar1971
06-10-2006, 06:46 AM

ojcar1971
06-10-2006, 06:46 AM
I want to know your opinion. BoB is gonna be the best simulation ever, but is gonna be a monster of a game that the majority of our computers will cannot handle. I think that FB can continue to expand (3º party I imagine) after the BoB release (and perhaps i will have my beloved Ki 44 Shoki or Fokker XXI among others)

csThor
06-10-2006, 06:50 AM
Wishful thinking. Maddox Games (and Ubisoft) want to sell their "new baby" and not invest time, manpower and ultimately money into a commercially dead project.

jamesdietz
06-10-2006, 10:46 AM
I've got a lot invested in FB/PF in time money & fun...It is soooooooo big with so many things I haven't had time to try& many planes available to fly , that I know I'll keep it installed.That being said I want to hedge my bets ..it all depends on the eye candy,game play, & the extras BoB gives us & how rapidly it expands in aircraft, maps , campaigns etc etc.for me to gradually replace FB with the new sim..
Of course I'll have to replace my rig immediately & ironically the new set-up will finally allow me to play FB with perfect settings,vast formations of aircraft ,& clouds of flak with a fast FPS the way Oleg intended,making it really attractive

Foo.bar
06-11-2006, 05:10 AM
Depends on required PC power. I don't think that MG will make a game wich only runs on a few monster rigs properly. If yes, I will play IL-2 further. If not, IL-2 is not interesting any more to me.
I don't want to buy a new PC only for TBoB. Perhaps end of 2007, when I have enough money again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bearcat99
06-12-2006, 07:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:
Wishful thinking. Maddox Games (and Ubisoft) want to sell their "new baby" and not invest time, manpower and ultimately money into a commercially dead project. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that if 1C & UBI can outsource the work... and have to spend mimimal time and resources and just collect licenesing fees or what have you they will do it... FB is far from being abandoned after the release of BoB. There is a market for FB that will be there.. and they would be fools not to capitalize on it..... considering that everyone wont be able to upgrade to run BoB sucessfully right away.... especially all the folks who are just now upgrading to run FB.....

Frankly.... O... as far as BoB being the best sim ever..... I think that it probably will be the best sim... for now.... llike FB is.. but since it hasnt been released yet I wont speculate until I get it on a HD and under my joysticks.....

csThor
06-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Bearcat - that is wishful thinking. I can't see them licensing the engine to a direct competitor nor can I see them giving it to some 3rd Party Fan project since that would still require their time for training/solving proubles etc.

F19_Olli72
06-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Olegs own words:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oleg_Maddox:
Probably.... Only probably, after BoB is done, we may release part of source code for Il-2 series to third party. And then probably they would include some requests of users...
But it may happens only after release of BoB.

Currently we do what we only really can do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WWMaxGunz
06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
There is already Gennadich Team using some parts of IL2 code for a WWI sim.

I think that there will be enough people with less computer than BoB will require to make
addons worth it if the addon system can be made smoother. Addons do not require large
investment in base code, but there will be a limit to what can be done.

Another 2 years and what is needed for BoB may be behind the bleeding edge. Then it will
become easier to choose and still there will be those who have no choice. Will there be
enough to make the sales?

I think Bear has the right view.

Bearcat99
06-12-2006, 10:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:
Bearcat - that is wishful thinking. I can't see them licensing the engine to a direct competitor nor can I see them giving it to some 3rd Party Fan project since that would still require their time for training/solving proubles etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont know..... I think Luthier, Starshoy and Ian (and the teams they have already assembled)already have things rolling in that respect and they havce the trust of 1C... I dont think FB will be rendered dead at the launch of BoB....

We shall certainly see though wont we.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I dont think it is a done deal with American planes either..... lets see what the future holds and revisit this subject.

F19_Olli72
06-13-2006, 02:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWMaxGunz:
There is already Gennadich Team using some parts of IL2 code for a WWI sim.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the latest info is that they wont use any part of IL-2 engine.

http://www.gennadich.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2625&pos...storder=asc&start=15 (http://www.gennadich.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2625&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15)

WWMaxGunz
06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I just read that. New guys in the team and they don't like that the code they are
given to use is in Java. On SimHQ it's lead to one post saying it's all Java but IMO
that's just interface to a closed module -- no way Java is fast enough to begin with.
Java can embed other code and calls to modules NP. Of course the FM engine is locked!
Now they write their own engine and so far no announcement of release slippage.