PDA

View Full Version : the taste of disappointment :(

dan-1993uk
10-03-2010, 11:10 AM
why are all the devs ignoring us. i always knew they would only care for the PC users

Axe99
10-03-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't think they're ignoring us - they've posted in a few threads here, over critical issues, but I wouldn't expect them to drop in all the time.

killerofRuse
10-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by dan-1993uk:
why are all the devs ignoring us. i always knew they would only care for the PC users
It was apparent with their constant PC betas and late console demos that console players would be more ignored than other players. Only your fault if you didn't want to believe that

InfiniteStates
10-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Well that's actually down to Sony and Microsoft. They have to approve releases, and possibly charge for them, where as there's no governing body on PC, so content is straight to user.

Warforger
10-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Axe_99au:
I don't think they're ignoring us - they've posted in a few threads here, over critical issues, but I wouldn't expect them to drop in all the time.

Have you seen the PC forum? There are more announcements from the team like "patch incoming!" then in the consoles.

What I don't get is why they don't support the consoles that much when they made the brave decision to be one of the first if not the first RTS in the Playstation Move, a Wii rip off that nearly everyone knows is going to fail, even worse the 360 gets more attention then the PS3, so PS3 players are often discriminated against in this whole process (Move players are happy that they actually get a game).

Axe99
10-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Warforger:
they made the brave decision to be one of the first if not the first RTS in the Playstation Move, a Wii rip off that nearly everyone knows is going to fail

Not sure where you're getting your source from there - that statement is wrong on so many levels its not funny.

We'll start with the Wii rip-off bit. Sony actually started working on Move technology before the Wii was announced - source:

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...station-move-article (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-case-for-playstation-move-article)

And in terms of functionality, Move is _far_ advanced of Wii Motion Plus, let alone the vanilla Wii (I've got all three, and enjoyed Wii Sports Resort, but comparing it to Sports Champions is like comparing Gran Turismo (on the PSOne) to Gran Turismo 3 (PS2). Calling it a Wii rip-off is uneducated and misleading.

As for the 'going to fail' bit, it's obviously early days yet, but early sales figures seem pretty promising (estimates of 300,000 or so in the first couple of weeks), and it's got more developer support than Wii Motion Plus (LBP2, SOCOM, KZ2, Under Siege (RTS for PSN, due in Nov), Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5, inFamous2, and that's not naming everything, and not even going into the 'casual' side of things (Get fit with Mel B http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif). From what I've read from a lot of (mainly US) gaming sites, it looks like there's a lot of fanboys passing themselves off as journalists who want it to fail, but once people actually get their hands on it, so far people have been pretty impressed.

Sorry about the ramble, but the amount of rubbish on the net about the Move makes me wonder how many gamers have been gaming for more than a couple of years.

As for the info on the console forums, it sounds like we are getting left in the dark a bit relative to the PC team, which is a shame.

kalijon
10-04-2010, 11:40 PM
The main thing that bugs me about the PC/Console difference is the unit cap.

I'm sure many seasoned console players have been in 2v2 match (unit cap 50) and found themselves hitting a unit cap before even getting to a prototype base.

I can understand that this was not an intended decision and that the fault lies with consoles (they have inferior systems/memory) Still, I find myself wondering why I even own this game for consoles, from a multiplayer perspective.

For this reason, I can understand that there is a greater focus on the PC side of things.

Axe99
10-05-2010, 02:19 AM
I totally agree on the unit cap (and only 2v2 and not 4v4 multiplayer). I find it hard to believe that a the PS3, with a game like MAG (FPS' with 256 players at once) can't handle an RTS with more than 200 units. Sure, the Consoles have less RAM, but they also lack OS overheads, and have the benefit of consistent hardware.

Still, I'm still happy - RUSE is a brilliant RTS, and I think the Devs have done a great job. I just hope there's a sequel which can handle more units and players in MP http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

scaramanga1973
10-05-2010, 05:13 AM
@ Axe

I am sure a sequel will accommodate larger P v P online matches. The question I am asking myself is whether there will be a sequel??

I don't know how many units have sold to date (I hope it is a lot) but looking at the major retailers "top sellers" lists it doesn't appear that high. Take play.com for example, it is listed at position 85, although that list does include hardware too, but if you take the hardware out it is still only 63rd.

I appreciate that this example is only one UK online retailer and may not be indicative of global sales but it is still not great.

However, with the above in mind, RTS is a niche Market, UBI & Eugen would have had projected sales targets that take all factors into account. I just hope those targets are met so that we may see a R.U.S.E. 2

Gregolution
10-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Warforger:
What I don't get is why they don't support the consoles that much when they made the brave decision to be one of the first if not the first RTS in the Playstation Move, a Wii rip off that nearly everyone knows is going to fail

O.o!? I love it when people write their moronic opinion on the internet as if it were fact.

That's a big bowl of wtf. I think Ace_99au said enough in his reply to this. I'll just give a big

/FACEPALM

Axe99
10-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by scaramanga1973:
However, with the above in mind, RTS is a niche Market, UBI & Eugen would have had projected sales targets that take all factors into account. I just hope those targets are met so that we may see a R.U.S.E. 2

This is my hope - that RUSE was designed with relatively low numbers of units (compared with the likes of Assassin's Creed and whatnot) in mind, so that even if it sells 300,000-500,000 or so, they make a reasonable amount of money, and that they've got the tech in place that they can leverage it to make a sequel more cheaply (and, theoretically, make more money).

But as you say, it just depends how much they sell. In my opinion, it's the best RTS on console, by some margin, so it'd be a shame if it didn't do well, but the mainstream reviews tend to have been done by 'action' and not strategy gamers, which may well have turned some off.