PDA

View Full Version : Leonardo...did they really go there? *possible spoilers*

shawnm82
12-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Maybe I am misinterpreting this, but I beat the game already and am working on 100% sync now.

The Leonardo icon showed up on the map and I went to see him and he was talking about how the pope was dead and cesare was ill and how he was to focus more on his painting and how he is working on one of a woman they he is growing find of (a reference I assume is the Mona Lisa)

Then Ezio says not to let a woman distract him from making things he needs. Leonardo replies that woman provide little distraction to which Ezio gives him a confused look and says he doesnt get it. At this, leonardo gets this twirly look in his eye and cut scene over...

Am I to assume they are saying Leonardo is gay?

Dont burn me if I missed this somewhere in the hsitory books, but if it isnt in there, did they really need to go down that road? Seems very redundant to me...

<span class="ev_code_RED">It is important that you remember to add a spoiler warning to the thread title of any thread containing gameplay information. Failure to do so will not only ruin the game for others but put you at risk of suspension, I've edited the title for you on this occasion but make sure to remember this next time.</span>

Psychopompador
12-24-2010, 09:28 PM
they went there because it is assumed through some historical writings that Leonardo may have been gay.

shawnm82
12-24-2010, 09:30 PM
See, I had never heard that before, so I was confused as to why they would even make that comment in the game.

I wonder what texts, or clues IRL make people assume he was gay.

Any idea?

Jack-Reacher
12-24-2010, 09:38 PM
I think he left the Mona Lisa with his male assistant

SolidSnakeMat
12-24-2010, 09:56 PM
supposedly him and his assistant were closer together than just mere assistant

assassinato_862
12-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Wait I don't remember this at all. When did this happen?

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
12-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I assumed Leonardo was gay since AC2.

ninja_7_7
12-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by shawnm82:
See, I had never heard that before, so I was confused as to why they would even make that comment in the game.

I wonder what texts, or clues IRL make people assume he was gay.

Any idea?
He was arrested for sodomy.

kriegerdesgottes
12-25-2010, 01:35 AM
in 1476 someone anonymously accused leonardo of "sodomy", but the accuser never showed up for the trail. Scholars speculate that he was gay because of this plus his several drawings that he did of male models. Also as someone mentioned he spent his entire life with his assistant "the little devil" as he called him and towards the end of his life another young male who was with him when he died in france.

E-Zekiel
12-25-2010, 03:47 AM
There is a lot of historical "evidence" (using this term loosely) that points to the likeliness of him being gay, including that the Mona Lisa was actually a man he admired painted as a woman.

And if he is gay, what's wrong with that? Not my bag, but nothing wrong with that if it's what he's into. /shrug

Who cares?

StarZtorm
12-25-2010, 04:51 AM
As E-Zekiel said.

Personally i had a good laugh when Leonardo and Ezio had that conversation.

Great fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

shawnm82
12-25-2010, 06:24 AM
I had a good chuckle too, Ezio's reaction was pretty priceless.

I had no idea he was implied as gay. Learn something new everyday!

LaCava1
12-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Leonardo da Vinci was widely thought to be a homosexual. There are minor disagreements over the topic, but people are leaning towards that.

Inorganic9_2
12-25-2010, 01:21 PM
The conversation made me laugh for quite a while when I saw it!

It also make sme laugh that someone asks "was he gay?" and many replies are "who cares if he was?!?!" lol

ajollydevil
12-25-2010, 08:28 PM
I believe I heard somewhere that Da'Vinci was Bisexual. He was either Bi or gay, but I think it was bi.

t4ctical_t0ast
12-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Who cares? He is THE most awesome guy in ACB other than Ezio.

fugazi787
12-26-2010, 03:56 PM
It is mentioned in Leo's character profile in both AC2 and ACB. Shouldnt be a surprise unless youre surprised by those kind of things.

And on a side note, it wasn't so uncommon for historical relations to include man and man or even man and boy.

Inorganic9_2
12-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Whether he was gay or not, he was still one of the most awesome polymaths of the renaissance!

Alpha Ender
12-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Compressed answer: historical records show that he may have been homosexual, as he was arrested for sodomy and also maintained close relations with his assistant, including leaving him large portions of his estate after death like the Mona Lisa. Thus, Ubisoft took a humorous shot in the dark and suggested he may have been gay (which they implied in the first one by having him greet you with increasingly physical greetings).