PDA

View Full Version : Game Problems on fresh install

BC_Kopper
01-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Here's a new twist for you... I've JUST received copies FP + AEP & PF. They just came in the mail from Ubi Soft.
When I loaded the games & tried to play them, almost all of the scenarios would NOT let me in to the game with my joystick, keyboard, etc. I could see the plane, but had no ability to play.
Are the patches required? If so, what ones?

Thanks in advance !!!!

Copper

BC_Kopper
01-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Here's a new twist for you... I've JUST received copies FP + AEP & PF. They just came in the mail from Ubi Soft.
When I loaded the games & tried to play them, almost all of the scenarios would NOT let me in to the game with my joystick, keyboard, etc. I could see the plane, but had no ability to play.
Are the patches required? If so, what ones?

Thanks in advance !!!!

Copper

FoolTrottel
01-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Hi,

Welcome here!

Read this:
Correct Patch Order - Make sure you do it right! (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/5581083643)

Have Fun!

Skycat_2
01-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Yes there are patches ... but I don't think that is the cause of your problem. The game should launch and work fine without the patches.

What exactly is happening? Are you trying to launch single missions, QMB missions, Pilot Career missions or online? Are you getting the briefing screen for the mission? Are you able to continue to the actual mission?

Your description of your problem is unclear. I'm under the impression your keyboard and joystick aren't recognized ... when does this start for you? Very importantly ... do you have enough RAM or CPU power to run the game at the settings you've chosen? You might be getting lockups as the game tries to process an overload of information ... If you're running at maximum or high quality graphic settings, try reducing some of them. My personal experience is that when I use "Perfect" graphic settings it causes the menus to freeze and the cursor to just sit in one place, but I can use "Excellent" settings with little problems.

Skycat_2
01-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Another thought but very similar: there may be too many AI planes loaded into the mission and the computer is trying to "fly" them all and the game is locking up. If you're starting out in your plane on the runway, for example, but nothing is moving and you aren't able to start your plane's engine or change views, for example, this could be the problem. As above, reducing the graphic quality will help this problem ... I also edit the conf.ini to reduce the number of planes generated in DGen missions. There is a section in the ReadMe document that explains the line you need to add to the conf.ini to do this.

Tully__
01-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Also, if you're in the "Play Track" menu these are not player flyable missions. They are recordings of other missions made and included for entertainment, training and demonstration purposes.