PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection required?

sinebar1958
04-29-2010, 11:06 AM
This is extreamly anoying. I can't play at work (during lunch of course) because we have a LAN with all kinds of blocked ports. So what's up this this internet requirement? A lot of people don't even have internet = lost sales. So it's really kind of stupid or am I missing somthing.

Algorithm69
04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
It's another futile attempt to stop piracy. Assassin's Creed 2 was already cracked so why on earth this DRM is still in place is beyond all logically reasoning. Conviction will be cracked soon so the only thing this DRM is doing is punishing Ubisoft's paying customers.

AbsentOfMind
04-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Stupid? No, simply moronic. If only only they had spent so much time and effort developing games instead of developing a DRM that got cracked in a couple of weeks and only bothers people who bought the game. This DRM is costing Ubi more money than piracy could have. They chalenged pirates by saying "This DRM is unbeatable" and so, naturally, every pyrate started cracking it just to SPITE Ubi...
Newsflash UBItards- NOT ALL PEOPLE HAVE NET!!!
And those who have, not all of them have perfect, constant net connection. While playing AC2, my internet would often stop for 2-3 minutes, which totaly @#%&ed the expirience...
Look at Bioware- no DRM worth mention, and yet, they NOT ONCE complain about piracy- WHY? Because their games ROCK, and people who pyrate them, BUY them afterwards... but no, Ubi's logic is better... somehow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

del130805102634
04-30-2010, 09:03 AM
I guess they wanna learn the hard way..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ottoprien
04-30-2010, 10:01 AM
I am not a fan of the DRM, and i havent had any technical problems with it so far. i would prefer to play without the DRM & just have the key code to operate the game.

but i guess its like other things in real life, for example people who make fraudulent insurance claims = the insurance company charge us more to recoup the money lost or shoplifters who steal items in shops = more expensive items to recoup the money lost. so people who pirate games = Ubisoft putting this DRM on games. or maybe they should kick the DRM & charge more for the price of the games ?

Ubisoft have some good titles under their banner, so for the time being i guess i have to go with it, as i want to play them.

Multimaster88
04-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Maybe you shouldnt be playing at work? And maybe ppl who play in the mountains where theres nothing should be enjoying the mountains and not playing games?

Its the way they made the game, they said it on the box before you bought it, their not forcing you to buy it. If you think its dumb, go buy a different game.

People need to to figure this out, the DRM is not that bad if you got an internet connection, which 97% of all pc gamers who buy games that require gaming computers normally do, this is 2010.

Also, i did not say i like the DRM, i did not say im a fan of ubisoft, im just a critical thinker and this is the way it is. Noones forcing anyone to do anything.

Personnally i would prefer keys to be verified and then checked before you can start the game, but then you shouldnt need to stay on the internet to play the single player etc, but online it doesnt matter.

Being that this is such a sp based game, if they made it playable offline, i could just buy 1 game for all 10 of my other splinter cell friends and family and we could all share the same key and just do the sp for free.