PDA

View Full Version : What exactly does a prospective recruit have to buy to fly on-line 3.04M?

Sun_Ra
06-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Have a person interested in flying on-line ver 3.04m. I can't remember if he has to buy all the titles I have, or has there been some new combination boxes. I have IL2 FB and Ace Expansion and Pacific Fighters. Does he have to buy all these? I know dumb question.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
06-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Forgotten Battles Gold Pack, which includes IL2Forgotten Battles and AEP. Buy Pacific Fighters. You might find FB and AEP seperate, but he may find the gold pack in more abundance. And PF only cost $20 US.... which made me rather mad when I seen it... but thats off topic.

Oh, and no combination package that include PF with it.

flakwagen
06-01-2005, 11:11 PM
You don't need to buy anything if you already have all three products. You just need to do a 'merged' install. Install FB and AEP. Then install PF- make sure to select the merged option when you do this. Then download and install the patch(es) needed to bring the version number up to 3.04m.

Flak

Spitf_ACE
06-02-2005, 04:44 AM
You'll need trackir, rudder pedals, a force feedback HOTAS setup.

Then yo'll probably decide to upgrade you graphics card, then you'll need more horsepower and gor for a cpu. You'll then be impatient waiting for each mission to load, so you'll invest in more ram.

That should be enough to start you off.

Weather_Man
06-02-2005, 06:25 AM
1. Computer $1200
2. Il2FB, AEP, PF $100
3. Joystick $70
4. Internet $30

4 years of your life lost to an incurrable game addiction: Priceless.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Vote_Quimby
06-02-2005, 06:40 AM
Track IR looks nice but just don't tell anyone what it is because they'll just look at you and say, "are you serious?" then they laugh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Platypus_1.JaVA
06-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Any modern pentium 4 can handle PF 3.04. I very much reccomend to installe PF over the FB/AEP combinations since this gives a ton more aircraft to fly and lots more of fun. If he is able to handle the extra choice of course. Furthermore, any joystick/throttle combination should be needed. You don't need a seperate throttle unit, a throtle on the Joystick will do just as nice.

Track IR and rudder pedals are nice additions for the Hard-core simmer but, they are absolutly not needed in the game. Especially if you are flying with the servers where Icons are enabled.