PDA

View Full Version : @Thunderbolt

Diablo310th
01-19-2005, 06:06 AM
heyy T-Bolt....can you tell me who to contact about the GG server. The 380thBG is looking for another server that we can practice mass bombing on similar to what we did this past Sunday night on WC. Does GG have maps and plane sets that contain bombers??

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Absolutely. I'll pull the map list and check the ones that have bombers. One thing we've done is to airstart bombers on a few of the maps to allow higher altitude runs.

I AM an admin and mapmaker but Thrud is the "map manager" at this point and can put in or remove maps to/from the rotation in a moment's notice.

We're also attempting to re-establish a gg public TS server (the one we had isn't available right now) but a replacement should be running soon.

TB

Diablo310th
01-19-2005, 07:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
Absolutely. I'll pull the map list and check the ones that have bombers. One thing we've done is to airstart bombers on a few of the maps to allow higher altitude runs.

I AM an admin and mapmaker but Thrud is the "map manager" at this point and can put in or remove maps to/from the rotation in a moment's notice.

We're also attempting to re-establish a gg public TS server (the one we had isn't available right now) but a replacement should be running soon.

TB <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
TB...that would be great. I'll pass this along to Copperhead.

veauger
01-19-2005, 09:18 AM
I could hook GG up with a TS server for that night off the same box that I host the 310th's from, if that would help.

Kootenai
01-19-2005, 10:28 AM
This sounds really cool. I hope to see you guys there. I think about half the maps at Greatergreen have B-25s and/or He-111s available right now, and then there are a couple with TB-3s. Some A-20s available here and there too.

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-19-2005, 11:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by veauger:
I could hook GG up with a TS server for that night off the same box that I host the 310th's from, if that would help. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That might help. We have a more permanent solution in the works as well, but need something in the interim.

I'll see what's possible.

TB

xTHRUDx
01-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Diablo, currently we have 19 maps in rotation and at least 12 of the maps have planes with bombsites. As Thunder stated we use the air-start bug/feature for bombers only on the maps with bombers to encourage more players to fly them and it also brings the battles to a higher alt. 2 of those 12 are night ones with search lights, 1 is an he-l11 mission, the other is a b-25.

We will welcome you 310 boys to the server. we always need more bomber pilots. we have more maps that are waiting for the betty to show up. i, myself, am working on a Ploesti map and should have it done soon. b-25's for b-24's i'm afraid, but hey, i work with the stuff oleg gives me.

stathem
01-19-2005, 02:40 PM
I'd like to confirm that bombing in gg is great fun. Look out for Cassino, and I see today that the Tirpitz mission's back. I'd love to see a whole squad go at that tub, I get worn out hauling my solitary B-25 down the map over and over to try to sink it.

VMF-214_HaVoK
01-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Having the bombers start in the air while fighters have to take off was a great idea. I really enjoyed it when I flew it. I didnt even know it was possible to do so. I rarely ever fly bombers but with the setup GG runs I find myself flying them more then ever. GG is one of if not the best all around server in HL IMO.

HayateAce
01-19-2005, 04:26 PM
GG is the best server.

Reduce the AAA or whatever it's going to take to reduce pauses and we have purrvana.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~madeira/Mackie%20The%20Star/Nirvana%20-%20Nevermind.JPG

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Thx guys.

Diablo310th
01-20-2005, 06:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xTHRUDx:
Diablo, currently we have 19 maps in rotation and at least 12 of the maps have planes with bombsites. As Thunder stated we use the air-start bug/feature for bombers only on the maps with bombers to encourage more players to fly them and it also brings the battles to a higher alt. 2 of those 12 are night ones with search lights, 1 is an he-l11 mission, the other is a b-25.

We will welcome you 310 boys to the server. we always need more bomber pilots. we have more maps that are waiting for the betty to show up. i, myself, am working on a Ploesti map and should have it done soon. b-25's for b-24's i'm afraid, but hey, i work with the stuff oleg gives me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thrud.....sounds great. Thanks a ton.