PDA

View Full Version : About subtitles. Some ideas for improvement.

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Currently I have subtitles turned off because they get in the way of what I need to see on the screen. Since I don't understand the languages other than English I had to just copy the english sounds over the other languages so I could understand what is being said.

However I'd like to hear the real languages and use the subtitles. As they stand tho they are too big and intrusive on a critical view area of the screen.

Is there some way to change the font, (make it smaller), or reposition the subtitles?

I could read a much smaller font, that wouldn't take up so much space. Or better yet just one line at a time would be a good option. Even better would be if the subtitles could be moved to the bottom left corner of screen instead of in the middle where you need to see. Still bettter would be to reposition them and have a smaller font.

Anyway to adjust any of that?

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Currently I have subtitles turned off because they get in the way of what I need to see on the screen. Since I don't understand the languages other than English I had to just copy the english sounds over the other languages so I could understand what is being said.

However I'd like to hear the real languages and use the subtitles. As they stand tho they are too big and intrusive on a critical view area of the screen.

Is there some way to change the font, (make it smaller), or reposition the subtitles?

I could read a much smaller font, that wouldn't take up so much space. Or better yet just one line at a time would be a good option. Even better would be if the subtitles could be moved to the bottom left corner of screen instead of in the middle where you need to see. Still bettter would be to reposition them and have a smaller font.

Anyway to adjust any of that?

XyZspineZyX
07-19-2003, 09:15 PM
I would like to second the motion on subtitles. They are waaaay too intrusive as is and would be better off in the Upper left corner with smaller font. IMO I liked the way JanesF18 handled the problem with small fonts and only a few lines and a way to recall more lines with a toggle key.

You need more visibility in this game and for those that can't speak Russian or German and who want to remain authentic (i.e. language), a subtitle mod is dearly needed!

XyZspineZyX
07-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Just a bump. Noone else finds the subtitles intrusive? I'm not a programmer but it seems like it would be an easy change to make.

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 01:37 AM
Yes, there is much spam on the screen. You may be able to go into the file with the default subtitles and change them to blank spaces. Just leave the essential ones you need. I have not tried this, but it could be a way of getting rid of alot of the spam.