PDA

View Full Version : Two problems for people with Two PS3s

jereminion
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey I just got Assassins Creed 2 for PS3. This is a great game and I have played so much lately.

I have two PS3s. I went home this weekend to play AC2 and got about 40% of the way in 10 hrs. Now I have to go back to college. I tried to copy the save file and yet I cannot due to how ubisoft designed this game.

Well that is a terrible feature, I guess meant to prevent cheating?.....

I guess I will just go to 40% again on my other PS3 that I use more often. Well since I played a lot of it so far, I will just cut 40% of the games cut scenes and I should be quickly back to where I was on my other PS3.

No, The obvious solution is unavailable. For some reason you prevented people from skipping cut scenes.

Basically; please update your game with a skip scene button and a save game copier. Until then I will tell people this is just a rent game or to avoid it in general. Thank you

kew414
12-07-2009, 12:15 AM
PS3's don't have removable hard drives?
Seems like you're just gonna have to suck it in and replay it or wait until you go home again to keep playing it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Or swap around the PS3's http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

AKassassin24
12-07-2009, 02:03 AM
You can swap HDDs for the older PS3 there is a panel on the left side that pops out and you just need to have the proper screwdriver once its opened to remove the HDD. Unless you have a slim PS3 then you have a piece that pops out at the bottom which covers the screw and the HD pops out under the Blueray Drive. Hope this helps.

caswallawn_2k7
12-07-2009, 02:32 AM
the PS3 HDD is coded to the PS3 it is in so if you swap it to another PS3 it will format loosing everything.

AKassassin24
12-07-2009, 03:24 AM
That sucks sorry guy.

caswallawn_2k7
12-07-2009, 03:31 AM
normaly you can copy the saves to a USB memory device and use them on another console as long as you use the same PSN account as the save was first made with, but for some reason Ubi has locked the save stopping it from being copied at all meaning you cant even make a backup in case something happens to your save.