PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in acr

godlessmayham
11-21-2011, 08:30 PM
I am very flustered by the controls for this game. The den defense is inappropriate to the game play. Trying to pull down a scaffold is impossible. And the first person Desmond missions are stupid. Ubisoft needs to go back to previous gameplay ideas or just forget about making another assassins creed game. Very disappointed.

Sarari
11-21-2011, 08:44 PM
LOL I love how you were straight forward and to the point with this thread. I'm buying the game tomorrow and I'm kinda sad to hear all this talk about the game. I'm a fanboy of the series so I hope what it has to offer me pleases me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maybe no den defense though. I'll just give that one a shot.

rileypoole1234
11-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
LOL I love how you were straight forward and to the point with this thread. I'm buying the game tomorrow and I'm kinda sad to hear all this talk about the game. I'm a fanboy of the series so I hope what it has to offer me pleases me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Listen. It's a fantastic game. One of the best AC's so far. Don't let the bad reviews sway you or put your off.

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 08:57 PM

A lot of people around the forums have also praised the game, especially the storyline, yet apparently, you are trying to downplay it for some reason.

phoenix-force411
11-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Listen. It's a fantastic game. One of the best AC's so far. Don't let the bad reviews sway you or put your off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's truly awesome and great! I understand the elements of the gameplay for every situation even Desmonds on why we play first person and going through the weird Animus world. The Den Defense gave a more realistic style to it. What you gain can also be lost.

phoenix-force411
11-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by godlessmayham:
I am very flustered by the controls for this game. The den defense is inappropriate to the game play. Trying to pull down a scaffold is impossible. And the first person Desmond missions are stupid. Ubisoft needs to go back to previous gameplay ideas or just forget about making another assassins creed game. Very disappointed.

This means you only look for great gameplay and not the story or situation behind the one key word "Why?" You are quite ignorant. :P

twenty_glyphs
11-21-2011, 09:06 PM
I have had a lot of criticisms of the game, but I still loved it. I felt like some areas were steps back from Brotherhood and what I enjoyed about that game, while others were steps forward. I especially enjoyed the story in the past, but Desmond's story feels like an airplane circling around and waiting to land... in AC3.

naran6142
11-21-2011, 09:54 PM
ya, i was expecting more out of the desmond stuff and the lack of side missions was disappointing

but overall it was awesome, especially story wise

kriegerdesgottes
11-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I have had a lot of criticisms of the game, but I still loved it. I felt like some areas were steps back from Brotherhood and what I enjoyed about that game, while others were steps forward. I especially enjoyed the story in the past, but Desmond's story feels like an airplane circling around and waiting to land... in AC3.

This^ I immensely enjoy the game for some reason even though there are things in it ( and more than a couple) that are a step back in the series. Maybe it's because I've only had the game a week and I'm still psyched to have it because I did that with Brotherhood too but I still think Revelations is a good game and well worth playing even though it's a bit disappointing in some areas.

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 03:10 AM

Each assassins creed tends to change buttons around which make me flustered by the them, for example if X-Button stabs, then keep it as X for the entire series. etc...

At first i hated den defense but as long as you keep your notority right down at all times you hardly have to play it, and now that ive gotten use to it i dont mind it so much but still by no way one of my favourite features.

You will get use to it, and when you learn how to beat it more often it gets slighty more interesting. I wouldnt be sorry to see it go that being said.

The First person desmond stuff i beleive is just the developers way of sitting back after coming up with the intial idea of animus island, and thinking what else can we explore with this.

Kinda reminds me of the film inception when they get washed up on the shoreline of their own subcousious...

Im also dissapointed overall with revelations but i think thats more because it didnt deliver what i was expecting, rather than the game itself, many have said that the word revelations probably wasnt the greatest idea.

For me the amount of side mission that i find pointless is my main bug bear, for example the amount of time/work it takes to upgrade your recruits to apply as master assassins in your den is truley annoying, even more so when you consider that the final outcome is that you make a new feature redundant in the process...

it has good points too, but you will be unable to see those whilst you hold resentment for the title, play some more...

LightRey
11-22-2011, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godlessmayham:

Each assassins creed tends to change buttons around which make me flustered by the them, for example if X-Button stabs, then keep it as X for the entire series. etc... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. All they changed was Eagle Vision. The buttons still do everything they did in AC1, but with additions.

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. All they changed was Eagle Vision. The buttons still do everything they did in AC1, but with additions.

So you do know what im talking about, picture the shock on my face when i tried view eagle vision and fired my gun instead, outrageous!!!

Not to mention being on the rooftops and wanting to throw my knifes with the X-Button and end up diving of the rooftop instead with my hidden blade, Unacceptable!!

Running in high profile towards the zipline whilst holding A-Button and the stupid thing makes ezio climb up the wooden beam instead, Stressful!!!

you seem to have experienced it as well i assume http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

LightRey
11-22-2011, 04:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

So you do know what im talking about, picture the shock on my face when i tried view eagle vision and fired my gun instead, outrageous!!!

Not to mention being on the rooftops and wanting to throw my knifes with the X-Button and end up diving of the rooftop instead with my hidden blade, Unacceptable!!

you seem to have experienced it as well i assume http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've had my share of random gunshots while on Viewpoints, but this isn't anything major. Besides, it works better this way.

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 04:14 AM
bare with me im adding them as i remember them, to help you understand what im talking about, ive added another one before you quoted me...

I feel it neccesary to make you understand, since you went so far out your way to point it out...

Just give me a little more time, theres plenty of clunky controls in revelations which affect your gameplay, try helping list them instead?

LightRey
11-22-2011, 04:17 AM
bare with me im adding them as i remember them, to help you understand what im talking about, ive added another one before you quoted me...

I feel it neccesary to make you understand, since you went so far out your way to point it out...

Just give me a little more time, theres plenty of clunky controls in revelations which affect your gameplay, try helping list them instead?
As I said I have no idea what you're talking about. All I've experienced is the switch from Eagle Vision/Sense from the head button to the left thumbstick to allow for secondary weapon controls, which is great. I love the secondary weapons.

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 04:20 AM
I know im helping you understand mate, And why did they change the interact button from Y too B in revelations nothing like running up to your recruits and throwing something in their direction, embarrissing!!!

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 04:23 AM

Don't worry about it, I think you'll love it if you're a fanboy.
AC has practically made me a fangirl but I can fairly critcize things yet. It's just that I find so few to dislike. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

By the time you hit Seq. 5 the game really amps up - I'm loving it more the more I play along!!
This is definitely a game I need to play twice to catch all the stuff there is to do & figure out the more complex Recruiting system.

If people hate den defense, don't worry about it, there's ways to keep from having to do it much, just do those things.
I've only had 3 defenses so far to Seq. 5.
Keep your Templar Awareness Low, and pick out 5 Recruits early on that you're going to use as Master Assassins & get them leveled up to 15 ASAP.
finish their MA. missions when they pop up (they'll be @ level 14 & there's part 1 & 2 for each MA) & when you're done, your Den becomes "locked" and won't be challenged by Templars.
No more DD worries.

DD is not the great Satan people are making it - & it's nice break-up of events imo.

LightRey
11-22-2011, 04:28 AM
I know im helping you understand mate, And why did they change the interact button from Y too B in revelations nothing like running up to your recruits and throwing something in their direction, embarrissing!!!
It's not a big deal. They changed 2 buttons for Christ's sake. It's not like they completely changed everything. As I said I like it better this way.

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 04:32 AM
Thats my point its not a big deal but you made it one without thinking, as you say your just incapable of understanding what im talking about...

Its down to which version you played the most, which set of controls you have adapted too in my case i played the first two games more and jumping from them to revelations results in frustrating key commands which lead to more mistakes and i get flustered, just like the original poster does...

go and play the original and AC II for 2hrs this will help you understand what we mean by the controls flustering us...

take note of your signature:

You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will be. Also, you're ugly and you don't have any friends!
...or you're right

I know im right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

LightRey
11-22-2011, 04:35 AM
Thats my point its not a big deal but you made it one without thinking, as you say your just incapable of understanding what im talking about...

Its down to which version you played the most, which set of controls you have adapted too in my case i played the first two games more and jumping from them to revelations results in frustrating key commands which lead to more mistakes and i get flustered, just like the original poster does...

go and play the original and AC II for 2hrs this will help you understand what we mean by the controls flustering us...

take note of your signature:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will be. Also, you're ugly and you don't have any friends!
...or you're right

I know im right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've played through ACII 10 times. I know exactly what you're talking about.

I had similar "issues" when I started playing Halo 3 and after that when I started playing Halo: Reach.

It can be a little confusing, but that's all there is to it.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 04:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:
It's not a big deal. They changed 2 buttons for Christ's sake. It's not like they completely changed everything. As I said I like it better this way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you 100% on Game Controls not being any issue at all w/ ACR.

So just learn them & play the game. I had to learn new controls in 2 new games I played last month - so what.
Ya, it's a slight learning curve for awhile but how is that a drawback to this game?

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 04:36 AM
I've played through ACII 10 times. I know exactly what you're talking about.

Like i said then you do know what im talking about but wanted to add a few numbers to your 5k+ post count

LightRey
11-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:
It's not a big deal. They changed 2 buttons for Christ's sake. It's not like they completely changed everything. As I said I like it better this way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you 100% on Game Controls not being any issue at all w/ ACR.

So just learn them & play the game. I had to learn new controls in 2 new games I played last month - so what.
Ya, it's a slight learning curve for awhile but how is that a drawback to this game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly.

Like i said then you do know what im talking about but wanted to add a few numbers to your 5k+ post count
Don't be ridiculous. I don't need you to help me with my post count. You on the other hand seem to be trying passionately to keep this pointless conversation going for no apparent reason.

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 04:41 AM
How someone conducts themselfs on a forum should reflect how they would behave in real life and i dont go around making statements that i dont understand a persons point of view, when clearly i fully understand it...

My time as a forum moderator for atari taught me many lessons and i refuse to sit here and listen to someone who clearly has conflicting issues with any statement i made when invalid in context.

> Conversation Terminated...

LightRey
11-22-2011, 04:53 AM
*laughs at pathetic attempt to gain false authority*

Anyways, any trouble people have with the controls should disappear within the first few hours (in case anyone even cares).

SupremeCaptain
11-22-2011, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godlessmayham:

This means you only look for great gameplay and not the story or situation behind the one key word "Why?" You are quite ignorant. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I brought the game for the story and I find the game to be terrible. Lol.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 05:36 AM
If people only want storyline, I'd suggest getting RPG only games.

Lalalalaaaa
11-22-2011, 06:40 AM
I would have to agree with most of what was said here. I loved the storyline and it was a beautiful sendoff (even if at times it felt a bit forced) but certain gameplay mechanics left me wanting.
I was disappointed with the Desmond memories and the random city events. For the Desmond memories I was expecting some kind of free-roam aspect similar to the Altiar memories or even a cut scene. For the random city events I thought that while you were walking around a cut scene would automatically be triggered where you witness some injustice and then had the chance to act (instead of triggering the scene yourself).
Also this time around I didn't feel much of a connection to the fractions. In Brotherhood the fractions were almost as much of your team as your recruits were but in Revelations they were just kind of...there. (the lack of side missions was disappointing too)
Finally I have some mixed feelings on Eagle Sense. It was weird having it as L3 and the first time I triggered it was by accident and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off lol. But I love the fact that you can follow a targets trail and see them "walking" infront of you while your searching for them. However I think its really annoying that you have to analyze several groups of people one by one to find your target. I understand that its probably more of a gameplay mechanic to make searching for your target more interesting but I think its a step back. I liked knowing what/who the target was right away instead of searching for them.

deadly_thought
11-22-2011, 06:56 AM
I am very flustered by the controls for this game. The den defense is inappropriate to the game play. Trying to pull down a scaffold is impossible. And the first person Desmond missions are stupid. Ubisoft needs to go back to previous gameplay ideas or just forget about making another assassins creed game. Very disappointed. alot of ppl refused to buy ACR because of the issues being pointed out on various forums just as many are swearing off buying AC3 youre not alone when AC3 comes out ill just youtube the ending to find out what happens

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 06:57 AM
However I think its really annoying that you have to analyze several groups of people one by one to find your target. I understand that its probably more of a gameplay mechanic to make searching for your target more interesting but I think its a step back. I liked knowing what/who the target was right away instead of searching for them.

That bit made me laugh theres a mission where the secondary objective you have to locate the target on the first attempt, so im expecting repeating this a few times...

and then you get there and hes glowing white and the only person stood around http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

A lot of people around the forums have also praised the game, especially the storyline, yet apparently, you are trying to downplay it for some reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If i agree with safari that Ac1 is better then AcB and LightRey thinks AcB is better and i say AcR was the worst game in the franchise and lightrey says it's the best game in the franchise, it's more likely safari will believe me instead of LightRey.

If we complain about things that are even worst then brotherhood and he prefered ac1 or ac2 more then acB then ofc he will hate those things to.

If we say we like this feature cuz it's an "improved" one from AcB and he didn't like that feature in AcB then he won't like that feature (i say improved with comas cuz what for some1 might be called improvement, for others it's letdown.... for example, if they had change chain-kills to require press attack with good timming it would be an improvement for me but maybe a letdown for LightRey).

U must take in consideration from who is the review, that's why i asked "someone" for a personal impression instead of just read the reviews in this forum.

twenty_glyphs
11-22-2011, 08:09 AM
I was pretty disappointed with Eagle Sense as well. Always having the reticule in the center of the screen is jarring. It also just doesn't feel like things are clear -- everything feels like it glows with the same color, even though they're yellow, red and blue. I liked the addition of the glowing red towers with a column of light, and your map marker glowing with a column of light in Eagle Sense. I like that you can see the whole world without anything dimmed (Brotherhood's Eagle Vision was very dark and you could see almost nothing) and that the mini-map is still visible. But hiding spots no longer glow in Eagle Sense, which makes no sense to me. That was one of its useful features.

I also hate the transition into the mode. There's a slight delay as the screen goes black, and then the camera angle shifts a tad and kind of zooms in a little bit. This is exacerbated by the fact that you can't turn it on while you're walking, which is what I've always done since AC2. It just all conspires to make the mechanic feel very clunky. AC2's Eagle Vision was almost perfect. It was easy to trigger, didn't feel clunky and things looked good and clear once it was on. I don't care for the new "search a crowd" mechanic. I liked just getting close enough to get line of sight on someone to mark them before. This new mechanic doesn't really add anything.

Mr_Shade
11-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

U must take in consideration from who is the review, that's why i asked "someone" for a personal impression instead of just read the reviews in this forum. The old adage 'you can't please everyone' comes to mind..

For many the game is everything and more they wanted or expected, so it's not hard to understand why we have polar viewpoints.

For others, it may not be..

It's a shame that some people think the positive comments, posted by people who like the game are getting drowned out by some who did not..

Hopefully the majority will prevail [one way or other] in the end, should new ideas be wanted for any future games.

So time to agree to disagree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

UrDeviant1
11-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Seriously? complaining about 2 button changes? If you can't get your head around them then that says more about YOU than the game itself. Once i realized you needed to click in analog for Eagle vision, i remembered, once i realized Y was to shoot and throw knives, i remembered.

Lets get on to more pressing matters people, like whats the deal with Desmonds face! haha jkjk

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 08:42 AM
for the op, if you want not brother about it buy a PC and play in pc... u can adjust the buttons to ur likings http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

S-EVANS
11-22-2011, 08:46 AM
I didnt have a huge problem with two button changes i even understand that to add new features and moves buttons have to rearranged, my point was that it does distract the flow of my gameplay to a degree, and whilst yes you eventually adapt it does fluster me...

And i have no idea whether the original poster was discussing the same problems with controls as myself but i can relate to the words because thats my experience, which is why i told him at the end of my 1st reply to play some more...

What im not prepared to tolerate is someone literally telling me that my view point is irrelevant, whilst his is gosspil.

yes its a few button changes, but thats enough to affect my gameplay which effects my enjoyment for a limited time. which of course reflects my comments and views...

for example im use to using X-Button to throw knifes which now makes me assassinate targets and i failed a mission where the secondary objective was to stay on the rooftops 5times in a row because of it...

I hold no grudges and i still maintain that i too was dissapointed with this edition, and can understand why they feel that way, but this is not to say i also dont understand that others love what i hate.

im starting to think my dissapointment was due to having extremely high expecations...

Beyond this desmond face just requires a quick shave http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif my main problem is gaining control of the TV for more than 12mins so i can play the game... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

BK-110
11-22-2011, 09:27 AM
I don't mind any of the things you mention, OP. The controls work perfectly for me, the Den Defense is quite interesting, though I honestly suck at it, pulling down a scaffold is easy if you ask me and I quite like the unique and surreal feel of the Desmond missions.

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 09:30 AM
im starting to think my dissapointment was due to having extremely high expecations...

This happened to me with AcB... From what i've recieved as personal feedback i think i will enjoy this game more then AcB (thought i'm sure i won't like den defense)... but i think it will be still not as fun as ac1...

I would suggest ubisoft to take gameplay a bit more simplier as it was in ac1 and ac2... too much mechanics = not too good....

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
Seriously? complaining about 2 button changes? If you can't get your head around them then that says more about YOU than the game itself. Once i realized you needed to click in analog for Eagle vision, i remembered, once i realized Y was to shoot and throw knives, i remembered.

Lets get on to more pressing matters people, like whats the deal with Desmonds face! haha jkjk

That was my first thought on button change complaints - if the few button changes are that much of a learning curve, maybe you shouldn't be gaming at all - or stick to games made for ages 6-11? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Mr Shade: > The old adage 'you can't please everyone' comes to mind..

For many the game is everything and more they wanted or expected, so it's not hard to understand why we have polar viewpoints.

For others, it may not be..

It's a shame that some people think the positive comments, posted by people who like the game are getting drowned out by some who did not..

Hopefully the majority will prevail [one way or other] in the end, should new ideas be wanted for any future games.

So time to agree to disagree Wink
<<

Yep agree. Different people are looking for different things in gameplay.

But with some, I really do think they're just spoiled and demand perfection that doesn't exist.
This game is ALMOST making me like it more than ACB by sequence 5. I'm very partial & emotionally attached to ACB for a few reasons... this one is really amazing and fulfilling in alot of ways.

As to people complaining about lack of side missions, I'm not lacking any when there's so much to do w/ the recruits, plus each Master Assassin has 2 missions (a 2 part mission) each... then there's the Key's w/ all the Sophia memories, plus there's lots of other things you have to be doing plus den defense if you're letting your Templar awareness raise.
(for which you have to stop & take out 2 Officials w/ their guards walking around the city) - plus be checking out for the Stalker/couriers to counter grab.
Plus rebuild the cities, viewpoints & the Desmond DNA thingies all over..
Then there's lists of Faction & Bomb skills to do to do on the side too.

There may not be as many dedicated "side missions", but there's plenty going on to keep you busy in ACR.

I do agree w/ the one comment about not feeling as attached to the Factions this time. I don't either - but I do like to add Mercenary factions bcuz I use them the most when they're around town to do my dirty work when I need to stay incognito.

The longer I play, the more impressed I am with ACR and what they've done with it.

UrDeviant1
11-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by S-EVA

for example im use to using X-Button to throw knifes which now makes me assassinate targets and i failed a mission where the secondary objective was to stay on the rooftops 5times in a row because of it...

I hold no grudges and i still maintain that i too was dissapointed with this edition, and can understand why they feel that way, but this is not to say i also dont understand that others love what i hate.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Dude, 5 times in a row!? lol That's quite funny. But i understand, If it's hindering your gameplay that much even i'd be a little P'd off. Also, I too was disappointed with certain things like the Desmond memories but i kinda like den defense.

To anyone wondering whether or not to buy this game I say buy it, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. Well, unless you favorite part of the previous titles was getting to leave the animus and play as Desmond.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm trying to figure out what's so great about playing Desmond at all? I never bonded to his character, so that's probably why.
To me, any parts with Desmond are more like they're taking me away from the best part of the game.
?

Syler99
11-22-2011, 10:12 AM
I don't mind the den battles it's way better then MP!

I didn't like desmond's fpv stuff it seemed like a last minuet thing because of how different it was from the main game I would've preferred a third person in several different virtual worlds with challenges not a grey, black, and white block fest.

I hate how I'm trapped in another city 96% of the time I'm in Constantinople I can't leave!!!! I really really hate it and to add to my misery I'm still evicting people! It's bad enough I was trapped in Rome 99% of the time evicting Borgia I thought this one was going to fix that by the info presented we were told we'd go to the Constantinople but be able to explore go to Jerusalem, Acre, ect but no my ninja's get to go there I'm stuck in the main city! How infuriating! I want to travel when I want to if I want to get out of Consstn. and take a horse, boat, whatever over to Mysaif for no other reason then I want to or to go stalk templars in Acre I should be able too!

I'm annoyed at the constant landlord side quest of the game why do I need to buy the whole city and evict the bad guys again?

LightRey
11-22-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm trying to figure out what's so great about playing Desmond at all? I never bonded to his character, so that's probably why.
To me, any parts with Desmond are more like they're taking me away from the best part of the game.
?
I enjoyed it. I always paid close attention to the segments in between animus sessions in all games, so the Desmond "sequences" were very interesting to me.

UrDeviant1
11-22-2011, 10:21 AM
?

It's more where he's been and where he's going I'm more interested In and seeing how he's the MAIN character in the series i feel i need to know him a little better. I do think AC:3 will answer a lot more questions with him though, so I'm looking forward to that.

LightRey
11-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
?

It's more where he's been and where he's going I'm more interested In and seeing how he's the MAIN character in the series i feel i need to know him a little better. I do think AC:3 will answer a lot more questions with him though, so I'm looking forward to that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can't wait to see how he'll be dealing with his dad being there.

UrDeviant1
11-22-2011, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
?

It's more where he's been and where he's going I'm more interested In and seeing how he's the MAIN character in the series i feel i need to know him a little better. I do think AC:3 will answer a lot more questions with him though, so I'm looking forward to that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can't wait to see how he'll be dealing with his dad being there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that should be interesting. I'd like to hear about his whole family, sounds like he had an interesting childhood from what i gathered in this installment.

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 12:07 PM
?

Maybe if there was no Desmond in this franchise i wouldn't be playing neither AcB or AcR (or would not buy it but simply download it)... Even AcR, in my opinion, do not deserve to be a console game due to the lack of advancing in main plot (games for mobile and nitendo ds never had desmond in it and this only has a "preparation" for desmond wake up in ac3.... i think that desmond should wake up at the end of AcR and, at least, say anything like "dad?" at the same time as we can see what's arround us besides desmond's dad.)

ps - I'm not saying AcR is a bad game, i just think that it do not have the requirements, for me, to be one of the console games of the franchise.

But that's it, without Desmond, the game would have become boring after a few installements.

Kaena2012
11-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Obviously those who find controls awful or scaffolds hard to pull down are not Master Assasin's, lol
The mechanics of the game are simple and pulling scaffolding is easy, zipline assasinating is fun
I have not completed the game yet but i really do not like the Desmond journey aspect and from what i hear there was really not much talk about Lucy, just her funeral at the beginning, wtf

PhiIs1618033
11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm really disappointed in the Alta´r sequences. I distinctly remember being told that they were 30 minutes long. What do I get? 5 ****ty 5-minute linear-style gameplay sequences as Alta´r. I didn't enjoy them much. The style of the sequence was the bright happy colour scheme from the renaissance, while I much prefer the grim style of AC1. When I first entered Masyaf as Alta´r, I didn't feel 'home'. I didn't know where I was, because the atmosphere was so different. The opening sequences of Revelations itself did this much better. Alta´r didn't feel any different from Ezio, even though he had to have a different skill set.

They were cheaply tacked on bits to the story, to satisfy Alta´r fans.

YHHTQ
11-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
I'm really disappointed in the Alta´r sequences. I distinctly remember being told that they were 30 minutes long. What do I get? 5 ****ty 5-minute linear-style gameplay sequences as Alta´r. I didn't enjoy them much. The style of the sequence was the bright happy colour scheme from the renaissance, while I much prefer the grim style of AC1. When I first entered Masyaf as Alta´r, I didn't feel 'home'. I didn't know where I was, because the atmosphere was so different. The opening sequences of Revelations itself did this much better. Alta´r didn't feel any different from Ezio, even though he had to have a different skill set.

Again, a source for the 30 minutes sequences featuring Alta´r would be appreciated. The only time I heard about that over and over again was in these forums, NOWHERE else.

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

Again, a source for the 30 minutes sequences featuring Alta´r would be appreciated. The only time I heard about that over and over again was in these forums, NOWHERE else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In this forum are the hardcore fans that are used to the gameplay etc etc...

I've been playing uncharted 3 and i took like 40 minutes to do one thing my friend did in 10 minutes... surprised? i'm not!

YHHTQ
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

Again, a source for the 30 minutes sequences featuring Alta´r would be appreciated. The only time I heard about that over and over again was in these forums, NOWHERE else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In this forum are the hardcore fans that are used to the gameplay etc etc...

I've been playing uncharted 3 and i took like 40 minutes to do one thing my friend did in 10 minutes... surprised? i'm not! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? :|

Again, I'm just asking for a source where someone connected to Ubisoft specified that the Alta´r segments would last at least 30 minutes.

Also, having in mind the two last sequences, I find it HARD to believe that someone would take like 15 to 30 minutes to finish them, even if they were new to the AC series.