PDA

View Full Version : Adding Flyable Planes to Campaigns

Buff1 (The Original)
03-13-2006, 04:43 PM
I have been trying to add the Macchi 202 and 205 to the German Fighter (South) Campaign. I can add other flyable German plane types, but not the Italian machines. I know that in early versions of the IL2/PF series you could put ANY flayable plane into a campaign by tinkering with the Dgen/Planes files. Then I seem to recall that in one upgrade that was made more difficult for some reason. What is the reason that a flyable Axis ( but non-German ) plane can't be included in an German Camapign at this time?

I also seem to recall being able to open and alter the 'Campaign Settings' file in the individual pilot folders. Now, it's gibberish. Is that part of the problem??

Anyone??

XyZspineZyX
03-14-2006, 07:00 AM
If you want to do this then you have to download the latest dgen.exe file for a start. its available over at sim hq in the IL2 thread. Then its a matter of adding it into the planes data file & probably create a classes file.
You are probably better off setting up the italian campaigns for dgen. This features a full italian fighter dgen campaign. Pop over to sim hq & check it out, you cant go wrong mate

mortoma
03-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Go ahead and install the latest Dgen stuff located here:
http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=003399

Just be careful to get everything in the proper folders. The new Dgen.exe file is the most important one overall. But there are new Italian and Ju-88 campaigns as well so you won't have to edit files to get them flyable.

mortoma
03-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by dasriech:
If you want to do this then you have to download the latest dgen.exe file for a start. its available over at sim hq in the IL2 thread. Then its a matter of adding it into the planes data file & probably create a classes file.
You are probably better off setting up the italian campaigns for dgen. This features a full italian fighter dgen campaign. Pop over to sim hq & check it out, you cant go wrong mate If he downloads and installs all the updates, he shouldn't have to add anything to any planes data file or create a classes file either.

Buff1 (The Original)
03-14-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks Gents.....!

Buff1