PDA

View Full Version : Maxing Graphics in IL-2

dihedral
02-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi all. For starters, I'm new here and only a few months into IL-2 - so I'll no doubt be asking lots of other questions for a while. One of the major ones, however, pertains to getting the absolute best visuals out of IL2-46.

A few months ago I bought a beast of a machine with 4GB of RAM, a 3ghz processor, and above all, a Radeon 2900xt 1GB video card. I bought this platform expecting to play Crysis and all sorts of things...and as it turns out I got hooked on IL2. But with all this power, I want to make the most of it.

I run in 1600x1200 right now (native for my LCD) with Catalyst revving full Antialiasing, Antiso, and just about everything else in the DirectX acceleration end. But I am very unfarmiliar with the IL2 config file, and I have also seen a lot about custom skins and other such things here and at Mission4Today.

Are there config file settings that might make this game even more pretty? Moreover, are there certain skins and model modifications that will allow my video to present a truly beautiful experience? Thanks in advance for your help - already this place seems like one of the best communities I've seen on the net.

dihedral
02-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi all. For starters, I'm new here and only a few months into IL-2 - so I'll no doubt be asking lots of other questions for a while. One of the major ones, however, pertains to getting the absolute best visuals out of IL2-46.

A few months ago I bought a beast of a machine with 4GB of RAM, a 3ghz processor, and above all, a Radeon 2900xt 1GB video card. I bought this platform expecting to play Crysis and all sorts of things...and as it turns out I got hooked on IL2. But with all this power, I want to make the most of it.

I run in 1600x1200 right now (native for my LCD) with Catalyst revving full Antialiasing, Antiso, and just about everything else in the DirectX acceleration end. But I am very unfarmiliar with the IL2 config file, and I have also seen a lot about custom skins and other such things here and at Mission4Today.

Are there config file settings that might make this game even more pretty? Moreover, are there certain skins and model modifications that will allow my video to present a truly beautiful experience? Thanks in advance for your help - already this place seems like one of the best communities I've seen on the net.

JZG_Thiem
02-08-2008, 02:00 PM
switch to OGL
then apply "perfect" settings in the in-game gfx interface

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-08-2008, 02:08 PM
OpenGL, 32bit resolution, stencil buffer on in il2 setup. Then set video to maximum in il2 setup. Then in config file set:
Hardwareshaders=1
water=2
forest=3
effects=2
and that should just about cripple you....I mean max it out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

OMK_Hand
02-08-2008, 03:24 PM
You could also try the Omega 48442 driver for your ATI card. It's made a significant improvement to my machine's performance compared to the stock ATI catalyst 7_12 driver.
I thoroughly recommend it.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Read the 'ReadmePF.rtf' in the IL-2 root directory.

Hope this helps.