PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Customer Service FAIL!! Check out this trasncript!

AshaboushA
07-24-2010, 09:56 AM
So I am having problems with AC2, since I downloaded the DLC for CH13, my factions and side missions have gone missing from the map. NO courtesans and mercs and it will tell me new beat up missions or courier missions unlocked then they don't appear on the map. I can't delete the DLC because I have played some of it and it renders my save unusable. SO I opened a trouble ticket at Ubisoft and this is the reply.

PS. My ticket was worded almost exactly as I stated here.'

Response (Jason) 07/22/2010 12:51 PM
Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support. Unfortunately, the issue you are having is related to general gameplay hints and tips that is either covered in the manual, or is available via another source such as the Ubisoft forums (http://www.ubi.com/US/Community/ForumBrowser.aspx).

You may be able to find hints, tips, and walkthroughs for this game for free by visiting fan led websites such as http://www.gamefaqs.com and http://www.ign.com.

really...the manual covers how to fix the game when it bugs out...here is my reply..which didn't matter since they just marked it closed again without another reply.

Customer (Todd Whorley) 07/22/2010 09:26 PM
Do you guys even read these questions? There is no way that anyone could have read my situation and believe that I am looking for Hints/tricks or tips. I am having a serious problem with your software. After I downloaded your expansion packs various elements of the game have been rendered inoperable and now I cannot continue my save file. THIS IS A TECHNICAL ISSUE. DO NOT DARE PLACE THIS ISSUE AS SOLVED AGAIN WITHOUT ACTUALLY ADDRESSING MY ISSUE OR MY COMPLAINT.

Are gamefaqs.com and ign.com going to show me how to fix the glitches in your software? No...I need someone with some sort of response for this to contact me with a real resolution or series or answers.

Jason, I am now making copies of this log from here forward. I will be forwarding them to any contacts I can find at Ubisoft and Microsoft software certification showing them the level of attention I am receiving regarding my issue. Read my problem again and please get back to me with a real resolution.

Murcuseo
07-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Have you tried starting a new game?

Geinref
07-24-2010, 10:28 AM
I totally agree with your post, Jason has said the same useless help. I have been having the same problems as you and I have posted something like your along with some audio glitches the DLC brought with it.

Jason responded as so:

Fernie,

Please make sure that you have the sound configured correctly for the console. There are no sound options available in the game, so if you have a Dolby 5.1 decoder, make sure that you are using the option for Dolby sound. Otherwise, you will need to use stereo mode. For more information about how to configure the sound output on your console, please refer to the Xbox 360's manual.

Then i posted a link directly to youtube of what I'm talking about and IT never responded back! I posted this THREE times on the support page and nothing, it keeps on getting solved when nothing has been solved and all i get is the same message.

It sucks having to play the game with faults like this and I notice some people (like yourself) experiencing these type of problems and STILL nothing has been fixed.

Robson19822009 has a good point though, if you do start a new game, make sure to delete both the DLC so it won't register the DLC when you start it. If you do start a game with DLC and then delete it, the save won't let you open it.

Xanatos2007
07-24-2010, 10:41 AM
This is why I keep comparing Ubisoft to Heckler & Koch (http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/) (funny article).
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Think of PC players as 'civvies'.</pre>

Mr_Shade
07-24-2010, 10:48 AM
If your having issues getting the correct info, and support are only human, the person you spoke to could have been mistaken about the problem.

For whatever reason it appears so in these cases, so rather than SHOUTING at them you should have remained calm and explained again.

Also most support tickets can be marked as closed, should you not reply to emails sent to you..

So rather than posting and trying to shame support, why not send me an PM and explain the situation..

Please send me your details and case / incident numbers you have to me via PM - click my name, and select 'invite mr_shade to a new private thread'

I can forward any concerns you have to the correct department.. and lets see if we can get you the correct advice this time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Geinref
07-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Thx for coming on here and helping us at least Shade. I already did what you said and posted what I originally posted on the support page. Hope it gets figured out since AC2 is an awesome game and the DLC is super awesome but the glitches can get unbearable and it destroys the world you guys created!

SupremeCaptain
07-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Nice to see Mr Shade wanting to help.

I find it hard to believe that the support didn't understand what the problem was. Must of been having one of those days.

Mr_Shade
07-24-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm not going to try and guess why things were apparently said..

But support are human, as we all are, and the person could have been mistaken, or the support query badly worded.. I'm not going to point fingers.. as none of you should..

I can forward your Support concerns on though, and that is the best course of action, rather than a public witch hunt.

People with the same problem - should all contact Support though to report the issues - since they are the group who collate the information, and can provide info needed for a patch.

Make sure you supply all information requested and make sure you answer all of the emails sent to you.

meganoob_89
07-24-2010, 12:28 PM
sorry , i got to the end of the game, i made a restart of my computer and i lost all saved games, can you help me plz with this problem ?

AshaboushA
07-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Shade I hear what you are saying... and I appreciate the info. I will definately do what you suggested (as far as forwarding the info to you) when I get home this evening from the lake.

But there are some general inaccuracies in what you said. First...the email I got from UBI had in nice big cap letters at the top...DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL so that cannot be why the ticket was closed. Second (and I guess this is my fault since I didn't post my original message) I didn't start "shouting" until I got a reply that was wildly off from the query I sent.

I just do not see under any circumstances how, "hey my game is broken" could be construed as "hey please give me strategy guide". I'll forward you the relevant info and you can see for yourself.

I get it..you are a forum moderator...and kinda need to do your part to stand up for the company. In my experience with other game companies, you don't PM moderators to help you with a tech support issue. But, I will try it and fingers crossed get a result. You said that tech support are just human but I honestly believe that it may just be a computer that identifies certain terms in your trouble ticket and forwards you a standard reply based on the terms it identifies. IDK. This wasn't a public witch hunt just an attempt to get some awareness on two issues...the initial problem and the lack of any real support for issues that arise. Intended affect acheived...you are now involved.

In the meantime, for anyone else having this problem here are the things I have already tried.

1. Leaving florence and coming back did nothing even after saving in both locations to try a re-boot the game.

2. Starting a new game went well until about chapter four or five then it all disappeared again.

3. Deleting the title updatebut leaving the DLC installed had no effect. Mostly because title update is required for playing DLC and since DLC is permanently part of my save...I couldn't even load my game similar too...

4. Deleting DLC completely.

5. Reinstalling DLC and title update had no effect.

6. Oddly enough at one point, a group of courtesans appeared, then I hired them they walked about ten feet with me and disappeared completely. Were not respawned at location to be hired again.

BTOG46
07-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by AshaboushA:
I get it..you are a forum moderator...and kinda need to do your part to stand up for the company. In my experience with other game companies, you don't PM moderators to help you with a tech support issue.

Wrong, Mr_Shade is not a Forum Moderator, he's a Forum Manager, and as a Manager employed by Ubisoft, he has better access to Ubi than a Forum Moderator has.

He is actually trying to help you, and not just standing up for Ubi as you try to suggest.

meganoob_89
07-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Soorry , help me plz with my problem