PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster Afterburner I Joystick

mmarsh
06-27-2005, 09:11 AM
I use the Thrustmaster Afterburner II. The trouble is FB is configured to use the joystick twist in order to simulate the rudder. I find it totally unusable. Most other sims allow the use of the slider just underneath the throttle but for the life of me I cannot get FB to recognize it. As anyone done it?

Otherwise it maybe time to get a new setup. I had the Saitek X45 but I didn't like it, too sensitive.

Any suggestions.

Von_Zero
06-27-2005, 09:56 AM
in the hotas section, klick on the rudder axis box ( i think it's the z axis) and move the axis you want (in this case the slider under the throttle). i had the FFB version of that stick and worked fine. some of my squaddies use the AF II and have no problems.

sc1949
06-27-2005, 06:45 PM
I also think there is a switch you need to change, swaps twist to those you use on throttle. Don't think you can have both enabled.

Tully__
06-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by sc1949:
I also think there is a switch you need to change... Yep, switch on the PC side of the joystick base needs to swapped, the go to the HOTAS CONTROL section of the controls screen to assign the rudder. You'll need to push for right rudder when you assign to get the response moving in the right direction.

Vacillator
06-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Can confirm above about switch. I was using twist until a few weeks ago when my CH Pro pedals arrived on import from the US. I could switch to the rudder 'rocker' on the throttle but only tried it once or twice. Now the CH pedals have replaced either of the Afterburner options.
Incidentally my throttle control seems to wander more in 4.01, maybe just coincidence of old controller or something I need to adjust in setup?