PDA

View Full Version : Limiting Ezio's health in AC:B?

adarwinter
03-01-2011, 10:04 AM
hi guys.

i am considering buying AC:B for the PC but my reservation is because AC2 was such an easy game i didnt get much if any satisfaction from it.
if it wasnt for the difficulty changer tool made by lingon i wouldnt even consider looking at AC:B.

my question is -
is there a way to refrain from upgrading Ezio's health in ACB? limiting it somehow so death will come more easily?
in AC2 it was kinda hard since health would almost upgrade itself without having the player ask for it.

how low can i keep ezio's health in ACB if i dont buy any armor?
also should i refrain from doing other stuff in order to keep his health low? (like in AC2 collecting codexs and bringing them to leonardo would also increase ezios health).

seeing that in ACB one can chain instant kills and considering the IP's pedigree im really not keen on playing a game that my girl friend can beat with her eyes close so im looking for a way to cope with this.

LordWolv
03-01-2011, 10:10 AM
It only forces you to update your health once - When you are made to buy a sertain armor, it adds one or two health squares on. So therefore the least health you can have is 4-5 squares.

vorenus73
03-01-2011, 10:22 AM
If you just use the basic armor the whole time, you will have a really low health bar.

Also, it adds a degree of difficulty if you want to synchronize each mission 100%. To get 100% synch you either have to kill in a specific way, not be noticed, complete in under N minutes, etc... some are realllllly hard to pull off.

Iamdropbear
03-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Speaking about AC2: If you only get the armor it forces you to get, (leather spaulders?) and if you wait until the end to get all the Codex pages, you shouldn't have that much health. Until the last sequence that is.

Dizlol
03-03-2011, 03:30 AM
There was a reverse hack that made the game harder instead of easier on the forums, try searching for it, at work at the moment, but when i get home i'll try looking if u haven't found it yet, maybe there will be a release like that for AC:B but not sure.

SAVMATIC
03-03-2011, 08:18 AM
really? you didnt get much satisfaction out of it? but your a member of the AC forum with over a thousand posts?...right

ThaWhistle
03-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
really? you didnt get much satisfaction out of it? but your a member of the AC forum with over a thousand posts?...right

hes a member of the UBI forums with over a thousand posts. satisfaction and post count have no correlation.

adarwinter
03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by JerfyNL:
There was a reverse hack that made the game harder instead of easier on the forums, try searching for it, at work at the moment, but when i get home i'll try looking if u haven't found it yet, maybe there will be a release like that for AC:B but not sure.

do u happen to mean the hack in MY SIGNATURE!? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

and i loved the idea of AC2 and after loving AC1 i couldnt pass on it but no, it was in no way a satisfying game. in order for it to be challenging and fun and satisfying i had to restrict myself instead of having the natural balance of the game give me my satisfaction.

i love so many things about AC but not it's balance. the combat in AC1 was so much better than ac2 (more types of attacks do not mean a better combat system). AC1 was too easy too but i found a cheat to restrict my health to 2 synch-bars back then as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif finished the game THAT way. was much MUCH better. in AC1 u couldnt just hold block and survive forever like in AC2 because there were defense breakers. having the ability to only survive 2 hits before the heath rechanrges was nice.

in AC2 having more health than 3 or 4 hits it's really really easy because countering is easier and blocking mean invulnerability and the AI dont disturb u mid combos.

I'd like to ask these questions. i hope sopmeone can answer them for me:

1) in AC:B it seems like the combat is much easier and more exploitable but the AI seems like the take more health out of ezio with every hit.

am i right?

2) do the AI in ACB attack more often?

3) does the AI in ACB attack u in the middle of your combos on others? while u r attacking guard A does guard B interfere?

Dizlol
03-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Haha totally looked over your signature mate, sorry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif but for everyone who thinks AC2 is to easy, give it a try, it's genious!