PDA

View Full Version : Sli and Water in Il2 / PF

karstele
06-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Don't know whether this is already known or not since I had to discover it on my own:

If you experience errors in the displaying of water having all settings on perfect and water=3
that look like flickering white or pink areas, then I most probably have a cure now . . .

The profile presettings in the nVidia-drivers for Il2/PF are incorrect.

I finally, after weeks of trying (and growing frustration), simply changed the setting for Sli from "Multi-gpu usage" to "Single-gpu usage", which means that now the one videocard creates the upper part and the other videocard the lower part of the screen (instead of one by one frame alternating in multi-gpu)

Now everything works perfectly

My goodness, that sim looks so beautiful now, incredible!

Thank you very much Oleg&Co

The 4.01m Patch works perfectly too

->you can easily change the settings by starting from the Il2 Profile and "create new profile" where you simply change the Sli-settings, everything else can stay as it is . . . and then save it as a new presetting

greetings Karstele

karstele
06-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Don't know whether this is already known or not since I had to discover it on my own:

If you experience errors in the displaying of water having all settings on perfect and water=3
that look like flickering white or pink areas, then I most probably have a cure now . . .

The profile presettings in the nVidia-drivers for Il2/PF are incorrect.

I finally, after weeks of trying (and growing frustration), simply changed the setting for Sli from "Multi-gpu usage" to "Single-gpu usage", which means that now the one videocard creates the upper part and the other videocard the lower part of the screen (instead of one by one frame alternating in multi-gpu)

Now everything works perfectly

My goodness, that sim looks so beautiful now, incredible!

Thank you very much Oleg&Co

The 4.01m Patch works perfectly too

->you can easily change the settings by starting from the Il2 Profile and "create new profile" where you simply change the Sli-settings, everything else can stay as it is . . . and then save it as a new presetting

greetings Karstele

karstele
06-15-2005, 01:44 PM
you can find a good explanation here:

http://www.slizone.com/content/slizone/apps3.html

A.K.Davis
06-15-2005, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by karstele:
I finally, after weeks of trying (and growing frustration), simply changed the setting for Sli from "Multi-gpu usage" to "Single-gpu usage", which means that now the one videocard creates the upper part and the other videocard the lower part of the screen (instead of one by one frame alternating in multi-gpu) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is incorrect. Single-gpu means you are running on one card, not SLI. You're expensive other card is sitting there doing nothing while you play Il-2. Not a fix, unfortunately. The same can be accomplished by disabling SLI through your video card settings.

However, 77.xx fixes this issue and allows you to run perfect water as long as you use SLI SFR mode (which is not default and must be changed manually, or with an alternate program like nHancer). But there is a nasty transparency bug with perfect settings, post 73.00 drivers and the 4.01 patch, so you'll be giving up normal aircraft models for your perfect water.