PDA

View Full Version : Free camera mode question.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-10-2004, 11:19 PM
The dev team said in an online chat:
"On the casual player setting there will be a free camera allowing you to explore up to 3 km around your U-Boat."

So I'm wondering if, in expert' or 'hard' mode, will we be able to toggle the free camera on? I'd hate to set a campaign on full realism and NEVER be able to take a free camera view of a ship I've struck with an eel. It's not like I want to cheat. I just want to see the occasional 'neat view' when interesting stuff happens, and I don't want to have to choose 'casual' mode if that also means that the damage models and difficulty are simplified. So what's the deal?

HeibgesU999
11-10-2004, 11:22 PM
I fully agree...sometimes I just want to sit back and enjoy the eyecandy!

ParaB
11-11-2004, 06:50 AM
If you want to use the 'free camera' once in a while then simply don't switch it off in the realism menu. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I doubt there will be a simple "expert mode" switch but hope SH3 will provide us with a variety of difficulty settings so the player can customize the difficulty level to his liking. I'd be happy to see something similar like in IL2/Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters where you can toggle dozens of different "realism options" on and off.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-11-2004, 08:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ParaB:
If you want to use the 'free camera' once in a while then simply don't switch it off in the realism menu. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that's really the crux of my question: will it be possible to switch just that one feature on without adjusting the overall difficulty level?

ParaB
11-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Since the devs have stated repeatedly that the 'realism options' will allow for a wide variety of difficulty levels I'm pretty sure this will be possible.

oscar0072004
11-12-2004, 10:22 AM
yeah in the e-3 preview neal said the realism options will like the boxes in windows which you can click on or off .. that way alowing you to have great cusomisation..