PDA

View Full Version : Rand and Robyn Miller & The Last Express

the_fibber
03-21-2005, 09:04 PM
I just finished playing through "The Last Express" - An absolutely supurb Myst-style point and click adventure that I would recommend to anyone, if they can find a copy - for the second time when I noticed to my surprise Rand and Robyn Miller's names appear in the credits under "Special Thanks."

Does anyone know what their involvement in the "Last Express" was, and if they had any opinion of the game?

Thanks,
Sam.

the_fibber
03-21-2005, 09:04 PM
I just finished playing through "The Last Express" - An absolutely supurb Myst-style point and click adventure that I would recommend to anyone, if they can find a copy - for the second time when I noticed to my surprise Rand and Robyn Miller's names appear in the credits under "Special Thanks."

Does anyone know what their involvement in the "Last Express" was, and if they had any opinion of the game?

Thanks,
Sam.

the_fibber
03-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Anyone?

Mowog
03-24-2005, 07:58 PM
I have "The Last Express" myself, although I never really got very far in the game. After getting killed three or four times, I lost interest. But I'll admit that I never really gave it the effort it deserves. It's a neat game, honestly.

As for the mention of Rand and Robyn, my guess is that the developers were merely paying homage to the Miller brothers for their part in redefining the adventure game genre and blazing the trail for other games such as The Last Adventure.

CharGui
10-19-2005, 08:35 AM
I think the involvement with Rand & Robyn Miller in The Last Express is maybe they helped out with concepts and maybe just technically.

I did play TLE and realised it is similar to MYST. Awesome game(s)! The Miller bros might have helped with how to develop the game (TLE) as well. Those are just my guesses